cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DQ77KB & i7-3570S no video, no beep

Jump to solution

Yesterday I bought the DQ77KB & i5-3570S . When I assembled it and turned on it I did not get any video signal to HDMI. It looks like it's working, but no video. Because there are no beeps, and when you connect the keyboard and press CTRL-ALT-DELETE is restarted, as it should be. If you connect a USB flash drive, it will start to blink. It looks as if the built-in video system processor is not enabled. Or as if HDMI output is disabled and output enabled throw LDVS or Displayport . Could it be? If the version of the BIOS is old and does not support the processor should there be beeps? Or the system may to behave the same way?

It's a real problem. Today I went to the store and returned the money. Then I went to another store and bought another object. With the new object is the same problem. CPU, memory, were tested on another working motherboard. The new motherboard is tested with another CPU. The problem remains.

The configuration of my system:

DQ77KB

Core i7-3570S

Kingston HyperX 1x2 Gb 1600Mhz CL9

and Raveda DC 19V 150W output.

DVI-monitor throw DVI-HDMI

Help me, please!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello, The fact that you are not receiving any beep tones could indicate that the processor is not recognized properly and a BIOS update is required. This will depend on the motherboard revision that you have and how long did the store had it in stock.

At this point as the motherboard seems to be responding, try a BIOS recovery and try connecting headphones in to the green audio jack to check if you hear beep error codes.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

> DVI-monitor throw DVI-HDMI

This may be the problem. I've even had the situation where a plasma display with HDMI input would show a blank screen when connected to a computer's HDMI output but a LCD display came right up. Try connecting up the HDMI output of the motherboard to a display that has native HDMI input, like a digital television. Do not use converters like HDMI to DVI, they should work but sometimes don't and will give you lots of problems.

idata
Community Manager

Could this be due to the fact that the BIOS is old and does not support my CPU? Or then be beeps?

rmill21
Beginner

Who has DQ77KB working with HDMI to HDMI monitor? If so what bios are you using? What is the model number of the monitor are you using ? thanks voodolounge
rmill21
Beginner

Nad your monitor is ? thanks
idata
Community Manager

Hello, The fact that you are not receiving any beep tones could indicate that the processor is not recognized properly and a BIOS update is required. This will depend on the motherboard revision that you have and how long did the store had it in stock.

At this point as the motherboard seems to be responding, try a BIOS recovery and try connecting headphones in to the green audio jack to check if you hear beep error codes.

Regards.

View solution in original post