Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SLogi1
Novice

DQ77KB does not detect both dimms with i350 NIC installed

Bug, easily reproducable, I updated to latest released BIOS version 0052 7/8/2013, cpu is Xeon E3 1265Lv2

-Install two 8GB DDR3 1.5V so-dimms which otherwise work fine

-Install Intel Ethernet I350-T4

Dimm channel B will not be detected at all

All memory is detected and works fine if you either:

-Remove NIC

or

-Replace with Pro 1000 PT Quad (82571GB)

On a side note, not that anyone seemed to care since I posted it last year, but this board will not boot at all with an intel Gigabit VT Quad (82575/6) as the bios hangs completely.

So this now makes two intel NICs for me that are not compatible with an intel board but work on everything else I have...stay classy!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Aluminum

Based on the fact that this is a desktop board not a server system and because some of the components you are using were plan to be for Server workstations, the behavior you are experiencing could be expected.

However, I am going to try to replicate your issue and I'll keep you posted with the results.

Regards.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I was able to replicate the issue using the same motherboard and processor. I used Corsair memory, but instead of using a server Ethernet adapter, I used a desktop adapter and it was recognized without a problem.

So once again, this behavior could be related to compatibility.

Regards.

ijohn31
Beginner

Hi Sylvia, wish I found this thread before I bought this i350!

Is there any chance of a fix for this issue, it seems like the d77kb is a popular board as is the Intel 350 NIC.

Which desktop adapter did you use that was fine and how is the relative performance of that compared to the i350 server product?

thanks in adv

Ian