Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11435 Discussions

DQ77KB edp port to LCD

BYazi
Beginner

Hello,

Ive been researching about the onboard eDP port and its connection to LCDs and came across a problem that cant seem to find an answer to, maybe can find some help here,.

I have found a few edp panels that I might be able to use with the dq77kb but all of them have the same issue. When I check the spec sheet of the panels, I see that the backlights mostly require 27V of DC power nominal for the LEDs. However, the spec sheet of the dq77kb states that it provides 12v/19v of backlight power. I have looked into seperate LCD controllers and all of them have onboard DC to DC converters that apmplify the voltage for the panel, but I wasnt able to see anything about this on the dq77kb spec sheet. So, I can make the data connection between the dq77kb and the LCD but how can I make sure that the power for the backlight will be enough? Has anyone found an edp LCD that works with this board? Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The following article includes one eDP model: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dq77kb/sb/CS-033883.htm Intel® Desktop Board DQ77KB — Tested Peripherals

BYazi
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you pointing that out. Unfortunately, the document doesnt state how the cable was hooked up to the panel. I am guessing that there was a board in between the motherboard and the lcd, but I cant find information on this:(