Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DQ77KB - i5 3570T 45W - i5 2390T 35W

How do we go about getting the i5 3570T 45W and the i5 2390T 35W added to the bios for DQ77KB supported CPUs?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello icetea,

We would like to inform you that processor/motherboard compatibility involves electronic and many other specifications and is not as simple as "adding" them to a motherboard BIOS or similar. The reason why a specific processor is not listed on the supported processors list for the board is because it has not been validated or tested to work with the motherboard mentioned. Thank you for your understanding.

http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?Boardname=dq77kb Intel® Processors and Boards Compatibility Tool - Search Results Page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

How do you go about getting them to test and validate them because as it stands the DQ77KB is designed for low powered CPUs and lots of low powered Ivy / Sandy bridge processors are missing from the list?

This board costs the same buy as a premium board but the lack of supported low powered processors makes this a restricted,awkward and inferior build for the customers.

I'm starting to wish i never bought this board as not only does it lack any real usable low powered processors it also arrived unclean.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I realy hate to tell you

"I told you so"

Hope you get your rig up & running

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

@ icetea

Dan is misleading you with a generic support answer that doesn't disclose what is going on with the DQ77KB.

The original Bios that shipped supported most sandy and ivy bridge processors but this was locked down with a later bios release to limit the supported processors to 65w due to the onboard PSU so to stop users trying to run high powered quads in the board and damaging the the VRMs.

The last couple of Bios releases have had new micro codes added to support more processors but nothing has been mentioned in the release notes to what these new processors are so the support list is now out of date.

So Dan needs to contact the Bios team to update the supported list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Ziad Aghar

Spamming icetea thread and trying to make out your suggestion of adding a full size ATX board to a mini ITX build as a "I told you so" moment is a continuation of a "Moronic moment" to the point of being embarrassing and cringe worthy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for explaining.

I hope they add the updates to the list soon as we can't run older versions of the Bios just to get CPU support as then you miss out on bug fixes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I use the i5-2390T in the DQ77KB and it works just fine. Logic Supply also sells the two together in a bundle. I emailed them and they say they've done internal testing of the combination.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

In this website: http://www.geocities.jp/hangaya_craft/pcg3/arekore_test_g17.html http://www.geocities.jp/hangaya_craft/pcg3/arekore_test_g17.html

he tests a i5-3570t on a DQ77KB and it works fine..

I have also seen people on http://www.avforums.com/ www.avforums.com using the i7-3770t on a DQ77KB successfully as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

But is that with the latest Bios as you could even run a standard 3570K on the orginal Bios but you can't now they have started adding CPU codes to the bios to restrict it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I just installed BIOS version 0048 on two boards with i5-2390T CPUs earlier today... working fine so far. I've been running a Prime95 torture test since then and no hiccups.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Awsome thanks

They need to add it to the support list as it's abit odd that it is not included when at 35w it's the perfect CPU for this board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Some more CPUs have been added to the support list.

0 Kudos