cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DQ77KB - no video (no signal) after bios upgrade

Hello

After succesfull bios upgrade from kbq7710h.86a.0038 to latest kbq7710h.86a.0046 i have no signal on hdmi and display port under bios messages (no messages like 'press any key to boot from cd or dvd' or 'operating system not found'.

I can run bios settings by pressing F2 but no video during installation windows xp or older version linux (in DOS/console mode). When I press any key during boot installation windows 7 after a few seconds video return (in graphic mode).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Martin,

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

1. Test the system out of the chassis on a minimal configuration. Unplug the power cord, remove all non-basic components, connect the power cord back in and try to boot up the system.

2. Remove the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 30 minutes. After this period of time, insert the battery back in and turn the system back on; if it displays POST messages, go into BIOS Setup Utility by pressing during the boot process. Once in the BIOS setup utility, press to restore BIOS default settings. Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs, which are located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility. Press to save the new settings and reboot the system.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for reply Dan_Intel.

Unfortunately Your recommendations not resolve my problem . After 30 minutes without battery bios returned to default configuration but problem still occurs.

Here is two example how it look

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2vZki982H0 DQ77KB - no video during post messages - YouTube

KTee
New Contributor III

Is EFI/UEFI enabled in the BIOS?

idata
Community Manager

Default was UEFI boot enabled. Disabling did not help.

KTee
New Contributor III

Other than that, you could try setting HDMI or DP as default video for the primary video connection instead of it being on Auto.

From the video's, it looks like all Fast Boot options are disabled as well?

idata
Community Manager

Yes, Fast Boot is disabled.

Primary Video Adapter is inactive option (setting to Int Graphics)

IGD Secondary Video Port is set to Auto. Last time when I switch this option to None I must return motherboad to seller (permanent no video signal in monitor) - this is my second new one (replaced) motherboard with similar problem I do not want to spoil it

idata
Community Manager

I have exactly the same issue... started after a bios update to 0046.

Suspect it has something to do with only using the DisplayPort. Tried all the same things as Martin. Even upgraded the Intel HD Graphics driver and tried various settings for it (in Windows).

Reinstalled the BIOS (using the exe flavor). Still the same.

I can get it to run Windows by pressing ESC, then Enter when there is nothing on the display.

idata
Community Manager

Looks like BIOS Version 0046 is screw up

Changelog from KBQ7710H.86A.0048.2013.0108.1855:

* Fixed issue where blank screen appears in operating system when set to UEFI and LVDS is disabled.

* Fixed issue with POST logo resolution when using certain legacy video cards.

* Fixed issue with certain video capture card.

* Updated VBIOS to fix issue where there is no display in DOS.

Unfortunately now upgrade from version 46 to 48 fails

Flashing image for Intel(R) Management Engine firmware ... FW Update Sample Application ERROR FwUpdateFullBuffer

[failed!]

Flash update failed!

Technical information: (0x8000000000000015, 1550)

PS. Finally I downgrade BIOS from 46 to 43 and problem with no video signal in DOS was solved

CBrow9
Beginner

I observed the "no video after BIOS update" with versions 45 and 46, and I can confirm it was resolved for me in BIOS 48 (as per Intel's release note). My DQ77KB boards are arriving with BIOS 38, and I had previously updated to 43, but I expect there is no reason not to upgrade direct from 38 -> 48.

Correction, I had the problem originally with 44 & 45 - I have not tried 46, sorry about the confusion :)&# 13; &# 13; &# 13; Message was edited by: Chris Brown

idata
Community Manager

From which version and procedure you did upgrade to v48?

I have strange problem during BIOS upgrade (exe and F7 flavor)

First I upgrade without any problem from 38 to 46

2) now during upgrade 46 > 48 ERROR FwUpdateFullBuffer

3) downgrade 46 > 45 ERROR FwUpdateFullBuffer

4) downgrade 46 > 44 ERROR FwUpdateFullBuffer

5) downgrade 46 > 43 succesfull

6) upgrade 43 > 48 error

7) upgrade 43 > 44 error

F**** Russian roulette?! Now I stuck with version 43

CBrow9
Beginner

Well, I had originally had the problem with 44 & 45, so I had settled on 43 and had been running that for a few weeks. Today I noticed the new 48 release, so checked it out. I have done all BIOS version changes using the F7 from power on method, with the files stored on a USB drive. So specifically, to get to 48 today I have only gone through 43 as an intermediate. To be completely accurate, I have only done this on one motherboard so far, and that one has never been at 46.

KTee
New Contributor III