Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DQ77MK - BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s)

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are experiencing some problems with the DQ77MK motherboard. Randomly, on boot we get this message :

BIOS has detected unsuccessful post attempt(s).

Possible causes include recent changes to BIOS

Performance Options or recent hardware change.

Press 'Y' to enter Setup or 'N' to cancel and attempt to boot with the previous settings.

After searching many hours on this forum and others, I find nothing to fix this problem.

When I press on 'N', the system boots with no problems.

So my question is: Is there any options to disable this message (or to bypass it after some time).

This message is really annoying because the systems we use in our company have no keyboard connected, they just got a touchscreen.

This message appear on many DQ77MK (at least 5 of them) and we always shutdown the systems cleanly.

We use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 2.6.32-37.

We tried to remove all devices connected on USB3 ports, to change some BIOS options (like "unattended BIOS configuration") and to update the BIOS (we still have the problem with the latest version: 0062).

Regards,

Stéphane

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Found a solution -

My PC was not even booting into windows, kept shutting down as soon as i pressed N to the bios message and Y would take me into BIOS Setup.

it was working absolutely fine before going to V0064

Go into Bios

Restore all to Default

And click Performance / Summary

then untick Failsafe Watchdog

then reboot.

must be major bug in the bios v0064

i would try and restore to V0059 im pretty sure this all started after the Visual Bios.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

This kind of behavior could be cause by a device such as memory or a network card that is not letting the system to finish posting correctly or it is not being properly detected by the operating system.

How long ago did you start getting this error?

Could you please provide me the system configuration?

Processor:

Memory model number:

Video card:

Any PCI devices:

Hard drives:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I just talk with my colleagues and it seems the message appears since the 0060 BIOS version (August). I did not remember having it with the 0059 version.

We always update the BIOS on new systems to avoid problems with some CPU like we had before.

Here is the hardware configuration of two systems with the problem:

System 1:

PSU: Corsair CX500M

CPU: Core i5 3570K

PCIE:

16x: MSI N450GTS-MD2GD3

4x: Datapath Vision RGB E2S

RAM: Corsair 2x2GB CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

HDD: Seagate 2TB SV35

System 2:

PSU: Corsair CX500M

CPU: Core i5 3570K

PCIE:

16x: MSI N640-2GD3

4x: Datapath Vision RGB E1S

RAM: Crucial 2x2 GB BLS4G3D1609DS1S00

HDD: Seagate 2TB SV35

Regards,

Stéphane

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Stephane, thanks for the information.

When installing new BIOS, there are some settings that are being updated also, therefore there could be compatibility issues with legacy hardware.

You may want to try the following:

• Remove the PCI cards ( MSI video card and VisionRGB-E2S Capture Card), restart the system and check if you are getting the error.
  • In order to find out which device is causing the error, please include one of them and restart the system.
  • You would need to perform the same steps on each card.
  • Finally, you can roll back to the previous BIOS version 0059 through a BIOS recovery. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your answer.

I will try this the next time the message appears.

I guess there is no options to hide this message or to display it only during some time. Am I wrong ?

Regards,

Stéphane

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey Stéphane,

did you manage to solve the Problem?

I get the same random error messages during boot, but on a DH77KC mainboard (no PCI or other extension cards, only graphics card).

My system config:

processor model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Memory: 16GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance blue DDR3 1600 MHz CL9

Power supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER CM BQT E9-CM-480W 80+Gold

GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7770 OC, 1GB GDDR5

HDD: Crucial RealSSD C300

Monitor: Dell U2410

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Pro, please let me know if you performed the troubleshooting provided to Stephane?

Which is the current BIOS version on your motherboard?

Could you test the motherboard using the onboard graphics instead of the video card?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Found a solution -

My PC was not even booting into windows, kept shutting down as soon as i pressed N to the bios message and Y would take me into BIOS Setup.

it was working absolutely fine before going to V0064

Go into Bios

Restore all to Default

And click Performance / Summary

then untick Failsafe Watchdog

then reboot.

must be major bug in the bios v0064

i would try and restore to V0059 im pretty sure this all started after the Visual Bios.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Disabling Failsafe Watchdog did solve the Problem on my DH77KC to, independent of the BIOS version (i already tried different versions).

Thanks!

0 Kudos