Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JVijs
Beginner

DQ77MK: DIMM3 not recognised when PCI-E x16 slot is populated.

Hello people,

I have a problem with my DQ77MK Desktop board. I'm using a 16 gig (4x4) RAM kit from Corsair (http://www.corsair.com/en/memory-by-product-family/xms-classic/xms3-16gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-ki... CMX16GX3M4A1333C9), but DIMM 3 shows up unpopulated in the bios (also in the OS, currently Win Server 2012). I have tried exchanging the module with a working one from another DIMM, but it still doesn't work. Windows system information reports (http://pastebin.com/WLiBKDcX pastebin link to report) that there is a resource conflict between the Direct memory access controller and the PCI Express Root Complex. The PCI-e x8 card I'm using is a LSI 9240-8i SAS RAID controller.

As I cannot find a setting for PCI-e resources in the bios, what can I do to regain my DIMM 3 slot?

Kind regards,

Joshua Vijsma

*edit: PCI-e x8 card in question is a LSI 9240-8i instead of a LSI 9211*

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Joshua,

When the RAID controller is not connected to the PCI-e, does DIMM3 appears as populated or not?

We can also recommend you a BIOS update if the motherboard is not running the latest BIOS version.

Try another power supply to discard any power issues.

Try another device on the PCI-e x16 in order to check if the behavior is the same.

Regards.

JVijs
Beginner

Hello Sylvia,

When the RAID card is not inserted, DIMM 3 does work indeed.

The system in runnning BpIOS version 59 (60 is the newest) but the 60 udate only fixes a bug regarding USB, according to the changelog.

Another power supply didn't change the situation, and if I put my nvidia graphics card in the same slot, DIMM 3 works.

Greetings, Joshua

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Joshua,

It is an expected behavior since Raid Controllers are only supported on server platforms.

It should be a compatibility issue, because you tested the video card on the PCI-e and the memory on DIMM 3 works fine.

In addition, Intel® Desktop Boards do not currently support Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, or 2012*. There are no plans for making drivers available for these operating systems.

Regards.