Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQ77MK WARNING : Chassis intrusion + Enter Password to unlock system

Товарищ мне подарил материнскую плату DQ77MK. После её монтажа попробовал включить компьютер. Получил следующий результат:

Сначала выскакивает сообщение "WARNING : Chassis intrusion", а затем запрашивается пароль "Enter Password to unlock system".

После прошивка БИОС ничего не меняется. 

Перемещение джампера конфигурации биос в позицию 2-3 результатов не даёт.

Предыдущий хозяин утверждает, что он пароль не устанавливал.

Есть ли решение у данной проблемы?

My friend gave me a dq77mk motherboard. After installing it, I tried to turn on the computer. Got the following result:

First - the message "WARNING : Chassis intrusion", and then the password "Enter Password to unlock system"is requested.

After flashing the BIOS, nothing changes.

Moving the BIOS configuration jumper to position 2-3 does not bring any results.

The previous owner claims that he did not set the password.

Is there a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sorry,  but this is a known error on 7 series boards and there is no solution.  Please refer to this thread for more information:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Desktop-Boards/WARNING-Chassis-Intrusion-error/m-p/1190833

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yep, sorry to say that there is nothing that can be done about this. It was first reported sometime after the Desktop Boards group was shut down and there were no resources left at that point that could look into the cause.

...S

pantsi01
Novice

I ll place my question here...as my motherboard is new should i go into Bios and disable chassis intrusion before anything happens sometime? Now it is set by default as "log only". Will i need a password to disable it?

AlHill
Super User

Did you read this thread?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

pantsi01
Novice

Yes i read them. I m just asking if i should use the "disable" option as far as i m not using this feature is better from "log only"

n_scott_pearson

Using Log Only will result in entries regarding this error being added to the BIOS Event Log and these will accumulate over time. You may reach a point where you need to clear the Event Log as a result. Using Disable will result in nothing happening and nothing being done.

I will remind you that, even if you purchased this board is a shrink-wrapped box, it is NOT new. This board was built in 2012 and has simply been sitting on someone's shelves since then. Further, the board was discontinued in 2015 and support for it (including downloads) discontinued in 2019. Fear not, however, Al and I have most of the content you would need saved away.

Now, if you are being asked for a password that you never set, this is a known issue with the board that was not reported until after the 7 Series boards were discontinued and after Intel exited the Desktop Boards business. There have thus never been any BIOS resources available to look into it and it has remained outstanding. We can discuss things that can be tried to work around this issue, but that's it.

Hope this explains the situation,

...S

pantsi01
Novice

Thanks for the answer and the detailed info...i have NO error i m just asking where to leave this option log only or disable?  ( and if it needs a password to change that ) (Because i ve read about the mighty problem) 

n_scott_pearson

If you are not using the Chassis Intrusion circuit (not hooking up a switch), I would just disable it.

...S

pantsi01
Novice

Thanks i disabled it with no problems.