Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DQ87PG restarts after shutdown

Intel DQ87PG Mainboard with WIn7 Pro x64 restarts some seconds after shutdown when HP Laserjet P2015 Printer is connected to any USB port and the Printer is powered on. When i power off the Printer before shutdown, the mobo powers off after shutdown. This behaviour is reproducable on all DQ67PG Boards i tried(5 Boards).

Switching the USB Port where the Printer is connected does not resolve this behaviour.

Any hints?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Tomha, there is a big chance that this issue could be cause by a short coming from the printer. Since you are testing the same printer in about 6 different systems and you are getting the same behavior in all of them.

I would recommend you to test another printer, or any other USB device.

idata
Community Manager

Sorry, i forgot to mention that three P2015 Printers were tested. All Printers connected and powered on caused a restart.

It seem to be Driver related, because when booting from a winPE Environment without Drivers for HP P2015 and shutting down, the PC stays off.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Tomha, since this issue is related to the driver for your HP printer, I recommend you to contact this company in order to find out if there are any other drivers you can use.

This behavior appears to be a compatibility issue. Have you tested any other USB device besides de printer?

idata
Community Manager

I already tried to contact HP Support, but got no answer till now. I will post the results when thy replied to my mail.

idata
Community Manager

No Support from HP. The Printer is out of warranty, therefore i got no answer to my question.

In fact i tried 3 different PC´s with thre different HP LJ P2015 Printers and all Drivers available at this time. All PC´s restart after shutdown when HP Printer is connected and powered on.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

idata
Community Manager

I flashed to the latest bios 142, but nothing changed. The PC restarts instead of shutdown when the Printer is on.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I would recommend you to test another printer, or any other USB device.

idata
Community Manager

Already done.

Other Printers or USB Devices do not cause restarts. Only Laserjet P2015 does