Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DX58SO motherboard Northbridge cooling fan broken

I own a DX58SO motherboard and the northbridge heatsink fan mount has broken. I need a new one. The part number is E43121-001. However Intel no longer sells this. how can I replace it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

from what I understood that is an add on to the stock heat sink. Can't you revert to the old passive cooler??

If not try Ebay, there are plenty of sellers out there. Thermaltake, Coolermaster, etc...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

it gets far too hot without the fan and I have already checked ebay and googled the living heck out of the part number and board. I was kinda hoping for some sort of direct replacement since I'd rather not remove the board to screw in a new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Check with your local support through chat or phone using the contact information at http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm Contact Support page and check if this will be eligible for a fulfillment so the part can be replaced.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

With all do respect to Diego I seriously doubt you will find the solution via support page.

However, would you define what you mean by far too hot? any OCing on your platform? XMP profile active?? is the case properly ventilated?

In case, you didn't reach a solution with the support page. Then you will have to remove the board to replace the cooler. At least, this way you will get rid of all the dust accumulated over the yrs

0 Kudos