Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

DX58SO2 motherboard and new ssd drive

Lexik
Beginner
Hi!
I have a DX58SO2 motherboard using daily with 2 old harddrives. I've bought a new Kingston A400 240gb ssd drive recently and would like to set it as my main drive with Windows 10 on it. I use usb flash to install Windows 10 and it was installed successfully to my new ssd connected to sata3 port. But when I try to boot from ssd, I receive "no bootable device" message. I've spent nearly 2 days to try different bios setups and even updated version of bios, but still same issue. Please help!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Remove the HDDs. Move SSD to Port 0. Reset BIOS configuration to defaults. Install Windows to SSD. Should boot then. Can add HDDs back afterwards.

...S

Lexik
Beginner
Hi Scott, thanks for advice.
I did everything exactly as you said, but unfortunately it didn't work. Default bios settings disabling UEFI, so ssd is not recognised by system. After enabling uefi manually and installing Win 10, got same error message - "No bootable device".
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, have you tried a different SSD?

For my DX58SO system, I went all in to maximize its performance. I bought one of these SATA controllers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01452SP1O, which provided me with a SATA III controller and 6Gb/s transfers, a boot ROM to avoid compatibility issues (like this, I think), a home for the SSD drive itself plus an additional SATA port for another SATA III device.

...S