Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DX58so: newer bios disables USB keyboard on boot

Keyboard working fine in OS after boot. Absolutley no response during boot! Tried latest bios (5561) with no improvement. Downgraded to bios version 5456 and now it works fine. This is more for information as the bios is clearly broken. keyboard is logitech Illuminated keyboard, which lights up durring boot, so it is getting power. But running a dual boot system is a impossible when it won't respond to input without the OS!

5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

good luck getting an answer on this forum. i don't know where to go for answers but have you noticed the number of post that are seen but not answered? quite a few of them. maybe theres another forum somewhere to get answers that i'm not aware of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey,

As you may have already found out, Logitech Illuminated keyboard doesn't work with this board when booting. In OS everything works fine.

I have the same keyboard and had to get another one to get into bios. Effed up I know, but apparently the Illuminated keyboard does this on other motherboards as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

its not the motherboard its the bios! I rolled back the bios and it now works fine!? I would LOVE to be able to use the newest bios though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Looks like this subject has been dead for a couple of years, but at any rate:

I have the same keyboard and the same problem. However, when I did an internet search on this problem, it seems to be a problem with lots of USB keyboards and lots of motherboards. So it doesn't appear to be only an Intel or Logitech issue.

I may try rolling back the bios, but it didn't work under the old bios either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Are you using the latest (5599) BIOS for the DX58SO? That's the version I'm running on my DX58SO with a Logitech MK520 keyboard/mouse, and all is well. True, this is a wireless combo with the USB unifying receiver plugged into one of the front USB ports, so perhaps that makes a difference.

0 Kudos