Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DX79SI BIN bois format

ok, I got this board and 3820 and yes, they still sell it with out BIOS !! Intel you should recall those,

anyway now, too late, I took the setup overseas and have no access to supported CPU

I need a BIN format for new DX79SI bios file in order to program the chip directly, I have the tools and knowledge to do so,

but the downloadable intel format is .BIO

any ideas ?

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZAgha
New Contributor II

I have the same board, & same CPU. Let me take a look at some online programs which can extract the BIOS & if it was a BIN file I'll send it to you.

idata
Community Manager

Great, Thank you so much, will wait

ZAgha
New Contributor II

I searched for a BIOS extractor tool but couldn't find any. Was able to extract in *.bio format. If you know of any tool, just tell me & I would happily extract the file & send it to you.

Or if you have another idea, I'm open to it.

idata
Community Manager

I am afraid the only way is to remove the chip and read it using external programmer

which need some advanced tools, I do have them but I don't think you do

INTEL REALLY SUCKS, last time to buy intel MB

Regards

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ziad

I found the tool to dump the bios

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-733226a8.html Download Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.zip

would you please try to dump it and send it to me on mailto:viewgsm@gmail.com viewgsm@gmail.com

Thank you so much for you help man

idata
Community Manager

please also that the bios size is 8MB (8192K)

thanks

siez
Beginner

hi viewgsm, i am in the exact situation as you was, perhaps did you find the bios image?

i need it for my dx79si/3820...

sergio