cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

DX79SI BIOS 0553 flash from 0537 Issue

Hi,

I just wanted to provide feedback about an issue I encountered trying to flash the DX79SI with 0553 from 0537.

First I used the Express Bios in Windows 8. The shutdown froze, and I manually restarted. The update screen was not shown, and it still had the older BIOS. All booted OK.

I then tried the F7 method. The PC restarted, but it never showed the BIOS update progress. I checked the BIOS version and it wasn't updated.

I then tried a USB DOS boot drive and after running iflash, the PC rebooted, and again didn't show the progress, and wasn't updated.

In the end I got it to go by doing a recovery update by removing the jumper.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

have you tried using the windows bios installer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey I'm having the exact same problem what jumper do i remove and do i leave it removed the whole time till I'm done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi I have the same problem.. .I can't update my DX79TO. Start bios update and restar my PC. Have solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Rafael, which is the current BIOS version you have installed on this motherboard?

Which Operating system are you using?

Which method are you using to update the BIOS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

Windows 8 64bits - Portuguese.

My motherboard.

DX79TO - 0460 - 03/27/2012SIX7910J.86A.0460.2012.0327.1627

This F7 method. If I press ENTER, my desktop shutdown!! All BIOS I tested...

If I use Windows method, boot disk and iFlash I press ENTER and shutdown...

I can't update my Bios... I remove BIOS JUMP in my motherboard and my PC dont start...

My motherboard is new! I don't have any idea... And I have many bugs to install Windows in RAID... ETC...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the information Rafael.

I know that you already tried to install BIOS version 0494, but please perform the following steps before and then try it again.

1. Take your system out of the chassis with minimal configuration. (Motherboard, processor, power supply, 1 memory stick and video card)
  2. Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery# datetime http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery# datetime
  3. Same BIOS version 0494 on an empty flash drive and using the F7 method try to update the BIOS. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21234&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%0...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi,

note that the recovery method by removing the jumper will take some time, in the order of 3-4 minutes to display an image on the screen. You might think its not booting, but it will get there.

That was the only way I could get mine to take the update.

After getting 0553 on there, I was able to go to 0590 trouble free using Windows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Look maybe 40 minutes and dont start!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Sylvia,

Look!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Rafael, can you try BIOS recovery method but using BIOS version 0515?

These are the steps you need to follow.

1. Save BIOS version 0515 on an empty flash drive. This file needs to be the only one on it.

2. Remove the BIOS jumper. The system will take you to the BIOS page automatically.

3. Then, the system is going to start the installation of the BIOS... takes 3-5 minutes.

4. Do not interrupt the process because it could damage the board.

5. Once the BIOS had being updated the system will give you a message that it was complete.

6. Shut down the system in order to place the BIOS jumper again on position 1 and 2.

7. Press F2 to go to the BIOS and check if the BIOS were updated.

Let me know the results please. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is necessary to try another version just to discard if you got a defective board.

Also, before doing this please do a clear CMOS by removing the battery and the power complete from the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Ohh Sylvia,

Thanks very much!! is done ! Updated!!!

I remove CMOS, JUMP and one NVIDIA CARD...

Finally I managed to upgrade to latest version.

I believe my problem was NVIDIA SLI. I could not get into recovery mode at all. Only after using a video card instead of two.

Thanks, Thanks! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Great Rafael..!! I'm glad to know the issue get fixed.

0 Kudos