Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DZi
Beginner

DX79SI Motherboard Mouse Keyboard and Display Issue

Have a DX79si motherboard was working fine till the keyboard and mouse and the display stopped working any one had the same problem? If so is it fixed?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Please provide more details. Be specific and verbose. What is happening? What is not happening? What have you tried to do about it? What difference did it make? What is showing on the POST code display?

DZi
Beginner

As I stated I build the computer using DX79SI

RAM: 32MB memory

VIDEO CARD: EVGA Ge Force 9400GT

Turned off at night turned on next day morning computer powers is ON Fans light ON

NO signal going from the Video card to the Monitor

NO light on the mouse and Keyboard

THE POST LED reads several numbers Tried all possible trouble shoot still no light on Keyboard and mouse and nothing on displayd on the monitor

I took out all memory sticks and turned on I got 3 beeps

Then I put back on stick and turned on I am getting those numbers on the LED 60 , 62 , 6F and nothing happening

n_scott_pearson

Well, these POST codes indicate that the BIOS tried to initialize the memory and the system locked up as a result. The recovery timer woke the system from this lockup and the BIOS initiated its crisis recovery process as a result. The BIOS will next try to reinitialize the memory at default (1333) settings but it would appear that this too failed. Bottom line, it cannot run with the memory that it has. This could be the result of a failure in one (or more) of the DIMMs or it could be a failure of a component on the board or in the processor's memory controllers.

Have you tried powering the board on with the Back-to-BIOS button (on the board's back panel) engaged? If doing so works and you can get into BIOS Setup, you know that the DIMMs would seem to work at default (1333) settings and you should disable support for any XMP profile you have selected. If this button doesn't help, then the usual diagnostic steps I would suggest is to run tests with only a single DIMM installed. Work through the DIMMs and see if you can identify a failed DIMM. If multiple DIMMs fail, I would then be leaning towards there being a fault on the board or in the processor...

Hope this helps,

...S

DZi
Beginner

Yes I did try powering the board on with the back-toBIOS button and same No lights on keyboard and mouse and no signal to monitor.

I also did with single DIMM too.

I am thinking too there is a fault on the board BIOS chip! preventing the lights and sending the signal to the monitor.

With all memory installed 32MB 4mb x 8DIMMS I am getting those codes 60, 0b, 26,34, 60 over and over

n_scott_pearson

No, if it was an issue with the flash component, you would be seeing either POST code 31 included in the list or no POST codes being displayed at all!

Well, it looks like you've tried all of the test permutations I suggested - without getting any additional data. You've got a processor, board or memory failure. Oops, I also missed something: This could also be caused by a failure in the power supply. All you can do at this point is replace one of them and test. It seems like you've eliminated the memory, since I rather doubt you could do anything that would fry all of the DIMMs at the same time. My recommendation is to test in this order: power supply replacement, board replacement, processor replacement.

Sorry, I hope this is helping...

...S

DZi
Beginner

The Power supply working fine. The problem is I do not have replacement board or processor.

So I quit today

Thanks Scott