Good day, I have Intel DX79SI (BIOS 0594) I want to install Windows 7 using UEFI can any one tell me please how to do this correctly. I want to install it from Flash Drive (Transcend JetFlash 760 32GB USB3.0) so how can I do it right? What setting in BIOS I should set?. And what difference between installing Windows 7 and Windows 8 from USB Flash drive using UEFI? In future I think to use Windows 8.
I have had success doing this using Microsoft's Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool, which can take a Windows 7 ISO image and create a bootable flash stick from it. Two caveats:
- I am unsure whether this tool will work for Windows 8/8.1 ISO images - but this is simply because I haven't tried doing this myself.
- The BIOS may have compatibility issues with some of the newer USB3.0 flash sticks. It the stick isn't recognized, try plugging it into a (black) USB2.0 port instead...
Adrian, first of all please make sure you access the BIOS and choose on which mode you would like to install your Operating System (IDE, AHCI, or RAID). These settings are located under the configuration tab >SATA Drives
- Then, go to the BOOT tab and enable UEFI. Save and Exit(F10) to ensure the system properly detect your drive, then your system should restart.
- Press F10 on POST for BOOT menu.
- 1. If you are installing in EFI/UEFI (USB Flash Drive or DVD Drive), you will see "UEFI" prefix on your installer drive inside BOOT menu, or boot order under BIOS > BOOT option.
- 2. Only UEFI ready drives will have UEFI Prefix. Even if UEFI is enabled in BIOS, UEFI will not be shown on devices that are not UEFI ready. (Fat32 filesystem and bootx64.efi file exists under "efi/boot/" folder)
- Select the UEFI drive to install in EFI/UEFI then Windows 7 should start installing in EFI/UEFI.