cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freit1
New Contributor I

DX79SI + USB3.0 device from Cypress

Hi all,

we've got problems when connecting a Cypress USB 3.0 based device. The enumeration is broken when connecting a device. Thus it will not be recognized by the MB. When adding an external HUB between the device and the MB everything works.

Cypress told us, that this problem is 'Spread Spectrum' related due to shifting the PCI-clock.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Franz

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Fx,

Our recommendation is testing a different USB 3.0 device to narrow the issue properly and determine if the connector is damaged. We build our products to industry standards but there is still the possibility of incompatibility with certain devices on the market.

freit1
New Contributor I

Hi Dan_Intel,

we're a camera manufacturer and tested several devices. The Cypress chip seems to be very sensitive related to the USB clock. Cypress told us that they are compliant. Intel tells this too. This gets us between the chairs...

However the device works with several DX58SO2, but does not with all of our DX79SI.

We are stuck since we are not able to fix this.

Regards,

Franz

freit1
New Contributor I

Cypress confirmed that this is a bug with the Intel DX79SI. Spread spectrum clocking is not USB 3.0 compliant (Cypress told us) and should be possible to be disabled in BIOS!

So, please add a switch to disable SSC!

idata
Community Manager

Hello,

We will make sure your comment reaches the proper department for future consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

TSven
Beginner

Why is this USB 3.0 Event error back on the DX79SI?

Driver PCI returned Invalid ID for a child device (FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF00)

It was fixed with the 0537 bios, but it is back with the 0553 and 0559 bios.