cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

DX79SI and Windows 8 Logo

Jump to solution

Will the bios used to pass Windows 8 logo validation on the DX79SI ever be made available to the general public? See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-025834.htm Desktop Boards — Microsoft Windows* Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL/WHCK) information

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I would like to inform you that Bios release are completely controlled by another technical area.

There is not a release date that we can provide.

The BIOS 1777 might resolved an issue, but in order to release it, they would need to do some more testing to make sure it will work fine without affecting other features.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Nice point I don't know why all the X79 users where not given the light of day from Intel. We never had a visual BIOS. PCIE works at 2.0 while it is stated on the board that they are Gen 3.0, & many other things....

I don't know what's wrong with Intel!

This is the enthusiast segment of their products.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I wonder if it will ever be made public. Quite disappointing actually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Jezzarino,

All Intel motherboards are certified WHQL/WHCK, before they are released to the marker.

But can you explain me what do you mean with this "pass Windows 8 logo validation on the DX79SI"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Sylvia,

The DX79SI with latest BIOS 0559 fails WHCK for Windows 8, not in the least due to lack of Secure Boot.

As per the above page, Intel ran the test with BIOS 1777 and it passed the logo/WHQL/WHCK test.

I am wondering when that BIOS, which enables the DX79SI to pass WHQL/WHCK testing, will be released.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jezzarino,

We are not aware on a WHCK failure with BIOS version 0559. Can you describe me the error you are getting on Windows?

Regarding, the release of BIOS version 1777, that is information that we do not know. This version number is far away from the ones we are handling at this moment. However I'm going to search on that and I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would like to inform you that Bios release are completely controlled by another technical area.

There is not a release date that we can provide.

The BIOS 1777 might resolved an issue, but in order to release it, they would need to do some more testing to make sure it will work fine without affecting other features.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos