Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHoll7
Beginner

DX79SI motherboard,

I recently upgraded my main drive on my pc. When I was in the BIOS, setting the new drive as the boot drive. The settings was saved as IDE, instead of AHCI(SP). Now my pc does not want to boot, I have even tried to reset the bios and all to see if that works and no avail. The only thing that comes up is the initial Splash screen. Is there a way to get back into the bios ? And yes I have removed the jumper and switched it around and even let it set for an hour or better with nothing coming up on the screen at all.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Unplug the system from A/C power, remove the CR2032 battery from the board, wait 15 minutes, reinstall and power on. Should be able to use F2 then. If you cannot, with system powered off, move the BIOS Configuration from pins 1-2 to pine 2-3. It should then go into BIOS Setup on its own.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson

Oops, also, did you try enabling the Back-to-BIOS button on your board's back panel?

...S

CHoll7
Beginner

This was my first option, I pressed it and it was all lit up red. I booted the system back on, and it just goes to the splash screen and sits there. I have let it set for upto 15 mins before I actually shut it down.
n_scott_pearson

What is your graphics solution?

CHoll7
Beginner

AMD Radeon 9series, I am not sure on which one it is.

n_scott_pearson

Usually, hangs at this level are video related. Do you have an older graphics card you could try?

CHoll7
Beginner

I have a collection of older cards, I will swap it out and post a update tomorrow. My frustration level for the day has hit its max.

Not sure why the card would go out like that, was working fine. But it is modern day electronics.

CHoll7
Beginner

I tried this as well, even left the battery out for a whole hour. Still nothing, the bios is locked down tighter the fort knox. I have never had this sort of issue with getting into a bios before, especially with the manual reset method.