Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DX79SR ambient temperature sensor trouble -55 celcius.

My Intel DX79SR has a ambient temperature sensor error ( -55 celcius) . See imagem below

I found same problem happening with another DX79SR motherboards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello LeoGarrido,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the temp sensors!

Please check your inbox, I just sent a PM to you related to this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

The DX79SI and DX79SR boards have an extra temperature sensor that allows the monitoring of a temperature up off the board. A cable with a temperature sensor on one end is provided. It plugs into a 2-pin header on the board. The sensor can be located wherever you feel it is needed (limited only by the length of the cable). For example, you could put it on the exterior of a SSD/HDD and then use this temperature in fan speed control decision-making (while sensors inside drives can be monitored, they cannot be used in fan speed control decision-making).

If the cable is missing or broken, a reading like -55 is received. The sensor is disabled and not displayed if, at the point when Intel Desktop Utilities (IDU) is installed, the cable is detected to not be present. If you had the cable installed originally and later removed it (or broke it), the sensor will continue to appear in IDU (with bad reading). If you want to remove the display of this sensor, uninstall IDU, reboot and then reinstall IDU.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for the info provided, Scott.

In case you can try it out, please let us know how it goes, LeoGarrido

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello LeoGarrido,

Just would like to check if you were able to get this answered with the last replies.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello LeoGarrido,

Please let me know if you require further support for this matter.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos