System builder here and we've secured a great deal selling a number of DX79SR based systems to a local engineering firm that needs 64 GB PC's at a lower price than something Xeon based; unfortunately the unattended script that we use with all of our systems isn't working with this specific motherboard and I'm hoping someone can help me.
Basically, during the disk configuration aspect of the unattended installation, when Windows 7 would normally start dumping the data to the drive we receive an error message:
Windows could not clean disk 0. The specified disk does not exist. The error occurred while applying the unattend answer file's setting. Error code: 0x80300025.
Shift-F10 for command prompt and DISKPART shows me that setup can see the drives:
Disk # Status Size Free Dyn GPT
Disk 0 Online 1999 MB 0 B
Disk 1 Online 465 GB 0 B
Disk 2 Online 5309 GB 5309 GB
Clearly the drivers are picked up on our deployment server as the location is specified in the autounattend.xml. Looking at the above, Disk 0 is the USB key with the autounattend.xml, Disk 1 is the primary hard drive we're testing with and Disk 2 is a RAID 5 array to contain the user's data.
The setup is not wiping the 465 disk as I tested by dumping some information on it and it's still on there afterwards. I've tried plugging the 465 GB drive in both the blue and black ports (not the grey ports).
Can anyone offer any advise as to why this may not be working? I'm banging my head against the wall as we're late in delivering these! Thanks in advance!
Update: Also UEFI mode is enabled in BIOS and this is the diskconfiguration section of my autounattend.xml (which again, works with other UEFI Intel systems):
Okay, I now understand why I have the screenshotted issue at the bottom of my previous post; basically all of the ports do not support UEFI boot so the BIOS option is somewhat unintuitive since enabling the option has unlisted details attached to it (ie. does not work on all ports). Unfortunately, since Intel took the "Technical" out of "Intel Support", the second agent was incorrect when he told me, "the option works fine". I would have been better off if he was honest and told me, "I don't know."
Still doesn't explain my first issue though...
Previously a BIOS from July but after experiencing issues, I upgraded to the end of October one. I may have given up on resolving this issue as it occupied more of our time than I would have liked.