Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

DX79TO And PCIE 3.0

Hello All,

I am using a DX79TO with an i7 3930k.

I want to purchase a Radeon HD7870XT and that card uses PCIE 3.0.

The box of my DX79TO has an * by the PCIE 3.0 saying it would work with processor that supports PCIE 3.0.

So would the i73930k enable PCIE 3.0 support on this board.

Thanks

0 Kudos
38 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

If am not mistaken UEFI is the visual BIOS.UEFI does lot more than support 2TB+ drives.

According to Intel the X79 is supposed to support the visual bios aka UEFI.

I can't see it anywhere.Have you started a discussion about this?If not you should.Please send me the link I will join the discussion too.

BTW Mike_Intel whats the latest update on the PCIE 3.0 issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Mike,

Any updates regarding the situation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

@warpspeed

The UEFI mode is on the BOOT tab in the BIOS where you can choose which hard drives you want to boot first. Scrool down a bit & you'll find. On other MBs manufactureres if you turn on the UEFI a somehow like a video bios will be shown but, not in out case "the ones who own intel MBs". I think Intel makes an effort to have their MBs so basic 'aka lame'.

As for the PCIE 3.0 don't expect it to be up anytime soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Ziad,

Please read my last post here about the UEFI and the GUI that other board manufacturers have used.You are saying the same things as me

Intel sure has us short changed.Have you started a thread about the Visual Bios?

Also about the posts asking about the updates response to mike_intel. You do not need to reply on those.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi mike_intel,

Any updates from the engineering department?

Its been two weeks since your last comment here.

Please provide some update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi mike_intel,

Any updates, its been two weeks since your post here.

We haven't heard anything since.

Please update ASAP.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

We are still waiting for an answer. As soon as we receive any information we will notify you all.

regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply Sylvia.

Eagerly awaiting a positive reply from the engineering department.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Silvia,

Any updates?Looking forward to hearing some positive news from you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Mike,

It has been a month since your post on this thread.Please provide some update regarding this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are still waiting, but we will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I really hope to see an update soon.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hello Sylvia,

Its been far too long since this issue was brought up.

There have been absolutely no response from your engineering department till now.

What is going on.Are we ever going to see this issue being resolved?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hello Mike,

Its been far too long since this issue was brought up.

There has been absolutely no response from your engineering department till now.

What is going on?Are we ever going to see this issue being resolved?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Why has there been absolutely no reply to this thread from any Intel representative for the last 1 month?

We were supposed to hear from the engineers really fast and still there has not been any updates.

This is just bad support from Intel.

Sorry to say this, but for the first time in 15 years I regret making a huge purchase with Intel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I really hate to be the one to say I Told you so

I think that Intel's Technical point of view, is x79 users will have little or no need for the PCIE 3.0

As this forum is my witness, if they enabled the PCIE 3.0 anytime soon; I will mail you my two old Gigabyte GTX 480 SOC anywhere you want "they are in mint condition, only 3 month use"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

If you don't have anything good to say then don't say it.

I don't think its too hard for the Intel engineers to integrate the nvidia patch into the bios and natively enable PCIE 3.0.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

No it's not hard at all. As a matter of fact it's very easy "on the technical level".

However, Nvidia decided not to support their products on x79 platforms running in PCIE 3.0

Don't know about other companies where they stand but, I have tested a raid card & it ran in PCIE Gen 2 while it's Gen 3.

Do some research about that thing whether you'll need it or not and, then see if it's good to be said or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

At this point its safe to say the pcie 3.0 on these boards just wont happen. To me it looks its about MB, not cpu or else. Other mobo manufacturers are much better at this than Intel. For example you can see a post here, Asus X79 +norm cpu, with pictures of pcie 2.0 and 3.0:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/516811/geforce-drivers/we-need-pci-e-3-0-working-on-x79-chi... 3677363 https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/516811/geforce-drivers/we-need-pci-e-3-0-working-on-x79-chi...

So others manufacturers can do it, but Intel "cant". Or just doesnt want to, same thing. Still they advertise it nonetheless. Imho this company isnt what it used to be. Lesson learned by me. And my recommendation is that future readers of this should buy mb from other manufacturers, at least if they want these specifics.

0 Kudos