DX79TO Back to BIOS button won't turn off

Hi, I just build a new machine with the following config:

- Intel DX79TO Motherboard

- Intel i7 3820 Processor

- Corsair H60 CPU Cooler

- EVGA GTX 560 Ti Graphics Card

- Corsair 850W TX V2 PSU

- 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB Memory

- Seagate 1TB HDD (from an old computer)

- (No optical drive for now)

As soon as I turned it on, the Back to BIOS button at the back of the board was lit. Thus, the BIOS Config screen came up. I checked everything and every part was recognized and accounted for as far as I could tell.

When I exited the BIOS configuration, the following message was shown:

"Click-off the Back2BIOS button and restart system to boot as normal."

I tried to do exactly that and no matter what I do, the button won't turn off. I even held it for over 20s.

I restarted the system anyway and again BIOS Configuration came up. There's even the following message in the BIOS config starting screen:

"

===> NOTE: System is booted in Back2BIOS mode! <===

===> (the B2B switch in the back is red) <===

"

I already checked the jumper for the BIOS configuration jumper block on the board and it is in the correct position, pins 1 and 2: "Normal".

The guy at the store even tested the board for me and I saw it boot an OS normally (with another system spec of course, but the same processor). I wonder what I might be doing wrong.

I'm not sure if the HDD I installed already has an OS installed, but I also connected a USB external HD that has a copy of a Windows CD at its root and even changed the boot order in the BIOS so it could boot first, but nothing changed...

Can someone help please?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SK18
New Contributor I

Something shorting under the board maybe? A misplaced standoff?

Try running just the board, CPU (with fan) and psu outside of the case, all other cables disconnected.... Then if that works add memory and other bits one at a time.

idata
Community Manager

I solved it. The source of the problem is so embarrassing I'm really not going to post it here...

Thanks anyway!

idata
Community Manager

Marco,

Do you mind explaining what the problem was? I am having the same exact issue.

Thank you!

Dan

ZAgha
New Contributor II

Yeah man what was the problem.

We rally need the help

THX

idata
Community Manager

Check to make sure the button is not stuck on the chassis panel. For me, the button was being slightly depressed by the panel, and I had to use a screwdriver to adjust the panel enough to make it so the button was not touching the chassis.

idata
Community Manager

having same problem can somebody help

DX79SI board back2bios button won't turn off