cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DX79TO and E5-2680 shows wrong clock speed

Hi

I have a number of DX79TO and DX79SR boards with E5-2680 XEON CPUs, these should be 2.70Ghz (as shown in the image), we have NO overclocking, the whole board is factory, however you can see it says "Overridden Processor SPeed is 2.00Ghz, so why is this?

How do we get this to be the speed the CPU should be?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I have a query in to some former members of the development team. I will let you know when they respond...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

Try setting the BIOS to defaults, please access the bios press F9 to set the bios to defaults and press F10 to save the changes.

The system will restart and check to see the result.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That will work if the reason for the lower clock speed is because the speed was manually lowered (using the settings in the Performance tab). My question to the development team was whether there were any other circumstances that might cause the BIOS (not the operator) to do this automatically...

...S

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi

All boards were factory default, no overclocking has been set..... The boards did however have other CPU installed then changed. Since then they have been fully powercycled (power removed then re-installed).

I will know more in about 1-2 weeks as i am getting another DX79SR and will be installing a E5-2680 CPU to see if it does the same thing....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks N. Scott Pearson for that information, please let us know if you can get a response about this issue.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you did a processor change, it might be worth verifying that the BIOS is "at factory defaults". Do a F9 and explicitly restore the factory defaults. If that doesn't work, installing (or reinstalling) the latest BIOS using the Recovery Method will ensure that everything is fully as expected...

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello mailto:contact@ashleygriffin.ca contact@ashleygriffin.ca,

Do you still have this issue or it was resolved?

Please let me know, I will really appreciate it.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos