Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YVino
Beginner

DX79TO, instadiscks checking in SSD RAID0

DX79TO; 2x512 SSD RAID0, SATA3; (ADATA ASP900S3-512GM-C) Raid driver is up of date of this motherboard (3.6.0.1093; 2012), just updated by Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.2; Discks without bads (Victoria). After few days of using, when power on, or just reboot, computer starting disck check. And next, after few weeks he will froze at this stage (can't boot windows 7 x64, and bootfix bootmbr dosn't helping). But, if load computer from another raid value, i can use files from this first raid. How to fix this damn error? Maybe there is a new RAID driver for this motherboard?

Before this, i used RAID0 with 2xWD10EARX, about year, and all was fine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It is certainly possible that you can use later versions of Intel Rapid Storage with this board. You won't see these newer versions included in the download list for this board, however, because Intel has not validated these versions on this board (and will not be doing so; they have exited the board manufacturing business). If you want to try a newer version, select a newer board or NUC product and download the version there. Again, it might work or it might not; you are on your own to try...

Just an additional comment - with the speed of SSD drives, there is a much smaller advantage to using them in a RAID array than there is with HDDs (unless you're using them as a high-speed cache to enhance HDD performance). Is it really worth it to you to fight these problems for this small gain? It's your decision; I don't understand your usage/value model; just saying think about it...

...Scott

YVino
Beginner

Thanks Scott, can you offer some versions, and give me few links please?

AP16
Valued Contributor III

The trick is simple: while desktop board are quickly goes out of support, server boards supported for much longer period. So you need to find a server MB with same chipset (C600/602) on ark.intel.com and try to select it in download center. Here you find a latest driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23257/Intel-RSTe-AHCI-SCU-Software-RAID-driver-for-Windows... Intel® Download Center . Works at DX79SR.

n_scott_pearson

JFFulcrum is absolutely correct. Because of the chipset utilized, the DX79SI (Siler), DX79TO (Thorsby) and DX79SR (Stormville) boards all utilize RSTe, the Enterprise version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Trying one of the newer versions posted for (one of) the server boards is the right approach.

[Aside: For those folks that are looking for a version of RSTe that supports these boards and Windows 10, this version that JFFulcrum has pointed to isn't it. Further, in my cursory attempt, I was unable to locate a version that does support Windows 10. This doesn't mean that there isn't one; I just couldn't find one.]

...Scott

AP16
Valued Contributor III

This version works absolutely normal with Windows 10 (at least for me right now).

n_scott_pearson

That's certainly possible; I was just saying that Intel was not claiming support for Windows 10 in this release...