Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DX79TO with nVIDIA GTX 770

Jump to solution

Hi,

i have the Intel DX79TO Board (Bios update done today) and want to install a Gainward Nvidia GTX 770 Grafic Card.

But if i insert the card i only see from bios (i think it bios) a "0_" in the right corner, and windows doesnt start.

On the Display on the Motherboard stands "00".

Technical Data:

Prozessor Intel Core i7-3820 CPU 3,60 GHZ LGA 2011 Hyper Threading active

Board DX79TO Version AAG28805-402 Serial Number BTTO31800BUR

BIOS Version SIX7910J.86A0559.2013.0305.2337 from 05.03.2013

RAM 4x4 GB = 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz

I hope you can help me.

Thanks

Bruno

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor I

You need just an updadet bios for your gtx 770, this new bios will fix all compatibility issue, you need to install your vga card on a another pc to flash, obviously. For correct bios you must contact Gaainward.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

You need just an updadet bios for your gtx 770, this new bios will fix all compatibility issue, you need to install your vga card on a another pc to flash, obviously. For correct bios you must contact Gaainward.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

The motherboard appears ready to boot based on the POST code 00, but with no video though; otherwise you may have heard some beeps.

Tadashi made a valid recommendation and by installing the graphics card in a different system you will verify if the graphics is defective or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but I get no answer from gainward, so my question is does you know that there exist an bios updated for that card?

Thanks

Bruno

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

No I hear no error beep codes?

The problem is I have only this PC.

So I will see if I can check I on a different System.

I will give you the status

Thanks

Bruno

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

And yes I confirm! An updated bios is needed for your vga card. DX79TO and DX79SI are fantastic motherboard just no further bios from intel, EVGA send the bios uptade for compatibility fix for sure: /message/196159# 196159 http://communities.intel.com/message/196159# 196159

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you both

i got a new bios version from Gainward and this works perfect.

Thanks

Bruno

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have the exact same problem using an EVGA GTX 770 card and a Intel DX79SR board. The distributor has returned the graphics card reporting that it tested OK. I have also looked for Bios/firmware upgrade on the EVGA site but can find nothing. Suggestions Please?

I'm wondering if this could also be a shortcoming in the intel bios!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Evga will provide the updatet working bios for sure! Please contact evga support team, they will send you the correct one bios matching your excellent motherboard You can also ask for the file needed to users who already flashed their evga 770 here: /message/196159# 196159 http://communities.intel.com/message/196159# 196159

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I am busy communicating with EVGA at the moment, so we'll see what they come up with.

But, I am concerned about the lack of input from Intel's side. Does not give me a lot of confidence in investing in more of their products.

I will post updates on my progress, but if their is anyone with solutions please don't be shy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I have reviewed all x79 motherboards and beleave me, you have the best motherboard ever made! Intel motherboards are the refernce for all, also the ones mobo more tested before go on the market just now lack in support due to moving in mobile market products an concentrate effort in z87 but your motherboard will remain the best for years without further bios update, update just vga card bios and you will be happy with your setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

We are taking a look into this issue; however, please follow up with the graphics card manufacturer in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Got a new Bios from EVGA, and the card is now working.

Thanks to EVGA for quick response.

0 Kudos