Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECava1
New Contributor I

DZ68BC with BIOS 28 and having problems. Please, I need some help.

Hello Intel Team and experts here.

Well, I have a computer I made about 3 years ago with Intel DZ68BC with BIOS 28

Intel i7 2600k

Kingston memories 16 gigas ( I used the ones on the intel motherboard list )

Windows 7 PRO 64 bits.

SSD intel 510 series 120 gigas.

Power supply Corsair 850 w.

The fact is my computer never worked well. I spent a lot of money to buit it. The computer looks like wants to frozen all the time, sometimes when I'm typing text gives me the impression that fought for a second and then skips letters.

When I use simple 3D features, OMG, it is a caos, even using my AMD HD 7970.

Even the SIMPLE second life www.secondlife.com that works perfect on INTEL IRIS, it frozen in my system with a powerfull videoboard as 7970, the best before the R9s ones.

PLease, I need a solution.

WHAT IS the best BIOS for this motherboard? The one I HAVE? 39? the latest? PLease user, please Intel, Please experts, I really need a help. please. I am suffering with it.

What I need for this machine works better? Should I update the bios? there any BIOS stable and better then the BIOS 28 ??

I will use the same hardware I described
Tags (1)
107 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Eddy,

You have a 2nd generation processor so you will be able to install *only* the version for 2nd generation processors. I mentioned the 10.x version in my earlier response; I was incorrect; you need the 9.x version.

Remember, we want you to install this driver while your graphics card is removed and you are using processor graphics. We want to see if you have the slowing issue without the graphics card present.

...Scott

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I disagree with N.Scott.Pearson's suggestion to move to Ivy Bridge BIOS (normally he is the most reputable source). You should read the many threads regarding DZ68 boards and Ivy Bridge BIOS, with some of them being mine. Yes, some bugs will be fixed, but others will be thrown into the mix. Most people find that OC is impossible with Sandy Bridge CPUs and Ivy Bridge BIOS and if one cannot OC, what's the point of the DZ68BC except for the robust heatsink and cache capability? Don't forget, for DH67 and DZ68 boards, there is no going back to Sandy Bridge BIOS once Ivy Bridge BIOS is installed.

I have 0028 BIOS and I'm staying there. I have multiple PCs with HDD or SSD. One thing I have learned is that this board is finicky about device drivers. The latest chipset and Marvell SATA drivers are necessary. If you do RAID or cache, a special RAID driver (13.6.0.1002) works well. This driver was made available by an Intel staffer here and I'm not sure it is available on Downloads.

My DZ68BC had a problem with a Creative sound card until I moved to the above drivers. If you have a spare HDD or SSD, install Windows on it as a test to eliminate your SSD/HDD as suspects (disconnect them during this test). The i7-2600K does not officially support DDR3-1600 RAM, but the board does.

n_scott_pearson

My general statement is that you should be running on the latest available BIOS and ME firmware for your board if at all possible. This way you get the full benefit of the latest available bug, compatibility and (especially) security fixes. Yes, there are always some cases where this can bite you; the latest BIOS could, for example, have a bug that affects how you want to use your board, but this is rare. In this particular case, there is another reason for considering not doing so - and it's one that is very important to # paramountain.

Let's be clear; what # paramountain is calling the "IvyBridge BIOS" is not an IvyBridge-specific BIOS - and its not just a BIOS - it is a combined BIOS and ME firmware package that replaces the previous SandyBridge-only versions with support for both SandyBridge and IvyBridge processors. Now, in IvyBridge processors, the methods for overclocking the processor were more limited and the firmware implements support for only the common subset. This limits the overclocking of SandyBridge processors; it's a fact.

What you do is up to you. I personally don't overclock my processors. Whether you have a great cooling solution or not, the silicon of overclocked processors can still be heated up and cooled down at faster rates than was intended. This eventually will cause degradation and failure. Whether this will happen in your system's lifetime is unknown; it depends upon how you use your machine and how long you go before upgrading away from it. Since it takes the silicon's thermal situation fully into account, I would rather rely on Turbo Mode to give me improved performance. Maybe it's not as much as is possible with overclocking, but it's enough for me.

# paramountain wants to overclock his SandyBridge processor (that's more than obvious). It is thus more important for him to stay with the older SandyBridge-specific firmware than it is to have the latest bug, compatibility and security fixes. He understands the risks and is still willing to overclock his processor. That's fine; it's his choice.

# paramountain is also correct; once you update your firmware to a version that (also) supports IvyBridge processors, you cannot go back to a SandyBridge-only version. The ME firmware cannot be downgraded and the older SandyBridge-only BIOS will not work with the later ME firmware (and thus is also prevented from being downgraded). Saying it another way, once you have removed the additional overclocking abilities for SandyBridge processors, you cannot get them back.

...S

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

As is usually the case, you are correct. I have a bad habit of calling post-0028 DZ68 BIOS Ivy Bridge BIOS when it should be called something like Sandy-and-Ivy Bridge BIOS. You are not so correct about my insatiable desire to OC. I only have the board set to Automatic which bumps the turbo to 3.8 for all four cores running and the graphics to a multiplier of 30. I also have a Noctua cooler with a non-PWM 140mm fan running flat-out (I've never seen temperatures greater than 50 C on an i5-2500K). And since I never play games, I doubt if the CPU has seen much grief, but I do appreciate your comment regarding thermal wear-and-tear. My PCs are engineered beyond their use. By the way, I can tell by the screenshots of the BIOS that the OP is doing the same thing, just a slight OC.

I freely admit that I have a burr up my socket regarding DH67 and DZ68 boards because they cannot be reverted back to 0032 or 0028 BIOS, respectively. I had to play with every BIOS on a DH67 to find one that worked once I moved past 0032. The thing is, though, most people either own a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU, not both, so if one's board is not completely compatible with one's CPU, there's not much that can be done about it, especially since new CPUs for either generation are long gone (except on that treacherous auction site where the primary rule is caveat emptor).

My two DZ68BC boards are at 0028 BIOS, yet I have never experienced any of the OP's problems, therefore I believe it is unwise to recommend a BIOS update. I strongly advise trying everything else first, especially with respect to device drivers, before diving headlong into the murky waters of Sandy-and-Ivy Bridge BIOS.

I do wish you would comment on Intel's stated policy: "Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS updates for computers that do not need it." Textbooks for A+ certification say the same thing. Is Intel policy wrong?

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Continuing on my burr-up-the-socket theme: why did Intel make the decision to prevent reverting back to Sandy BIOS? Like you, I am a former software engineer. I never worked for Intel, but I can imagine how BIOS is actually updated. The only thing that is happening is that the BIOS chip is being erased and filled with new software. There is a physical limit on size, but developers must just remember to not exceed it. For whatever reason, Intel added some logic to post-Sandy BIOS to refuse to accept Sandy BIOS. That makes no sense. Sure, post-Sandy BIOS is far larger than Sandy BIOS, but if transitioning from post-Sandy BIOS to Sandy BIOS presents a problem, then migrating from any post-Sandy BIOS to another post-Sandy BIOS presents the same problem. Intel could win a few friends by releasing one last post-Sandy BIOS for the DH67 and DZ68 boards, one that removed the logic to test if the system was reverting back to Sandy BIOS. Call it 666 and announce in all capital letters that it is unsupported. If someone bricks their board, well, they knew the risks.

n_scott_pearson

IMHO, Intel's stated policy makes perfect sense if all you are talking about are bugs. When you are talking about compatibility or (especially!) security fixes/improvements, it's another thing totally...

Discussing the why's and why not's is complicated (especially hampered by nondisclosure agreements - which don't go away when you retire, BTW). In a word, it all comes down to money. Money, money, money. Firmware updates are a *very* expensive proposition. A single update can cost, well, I am not allowed to say, but 6 digits could be involved. Where is the biggest portion of the cost? You should understand this; the cost of investigating and fixing a problem is insignificant compared to the cost of the validation that must be performed before that fix can be released. As a result, attempts are always made to limit the validation scenarios that are necessary. It costs as much to validate a downgrade as it does to validate an upgrade. Eliminating the ability to downgrade thus cuts the costs in half. Enough said. Reality bites.

...S

P.S. Another thing: There is no such thing as an unsupported update. Can you say "litigation"? Can you say "troll"?

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I'm far too tall and good-looking to be a troll. And after I escaped from engineering I moved into product marketing so I understand NDAs. But there is an enormous contradiction in what you said. You and Al Hill have said many times that W-10 is not officially supported on older Intel boards and Sandy Bridge graphics will never run under W-10. I understand that, given that Intel has left the motherboard building, to put it in Elvis-speak. I don't understand why Sandy Bridge was specifically left out, but there's obviously some architectural issue I don't understand. I hate W-10 anyway. But you have often responded to people asking for W-10 drivers with links. Below is the link to your latest reply. I will quote you: "[The drivers] are not formally supported for your board not because they won't work but because Intel, having exited from the Desktop Boards business, no longer have a team in place to validate these drivers and will not warrant them to work without this validation." So who's the troll now? You are not saying that BIOS updates carry a more serious legal liability than device drivers, are you?

n_scott_pearson

You don't fall into the Troll category. Trolls are short because their growth had been stunted by the law degrees that they abuse weighing them down.

"Hate" is too soft a word for what I think of Windows 10 - or Windows 8/8.1 for that matter. I run Windows 7 on all of my media and development machines. I (reluctantly) admit that I do have a little (11" Atom-based) travel laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and which I let upgrade to Windows 10 (since all we use it for is viewing pictures, browsing the web and doing email while travelling) - but I did banish all Metro-based apps to the trash bin (Microsoft ain't tracking me that way).

I have no clue what it is about SandyBridge - or, more specifically, its graphics engine - that Intel didn't want to support. Maybe it is simply another case of Intel wanting to reduce their validation matrices. While I am at it, though, I don't understand why they cannot make a single install that handles any of the supported graphics engines; their install packages are an absolutely confusing mess right now.

Yes, I have provided download links. Portions of the support (Chipset, LAN, etc.) do work on the older silicon (though whether this will continue is another question). I always tell folks that (a) I am retired and no longer work for Intel, (b) the downloads aren't supported on their boards by Intel and (c) folks are on their own if they want to try them.

Yes, I think about BIOS differently than Drivers (though not necessarily from a legal liability standpoint). Consider the Windows 8/8.1/10 Secure Boot feature - if there is a security hole in the BIOS, the complete chain of trust is out the window.

...S

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I'm with you regarding W-10. At the risk of sounding like an Intel employee, I believe Microsoft displayed gross incompetence in forcing W-10 onto all W-7 and W-8/8.1 users, even though who have hardware (Sandy Bridge) which will never support it. Microsoft forums are really amusing with respect to this subject. Microsoft groupies usually deny that Sandy Bridge graphics does not support W-10 -- they're too lazy to search through these forums -- or they say that Intel screwed up even though it no longer manufactures motherboards. I also have W-7 systems. I have no W-8/8.1 or W-10, but I do dabble in various flavors of Linux. I even have a few copies of Vista.

I probably already posted this here, but did you hear that Microsoft will soon re-release the W-10 updates and reclassify them as Recommended ones? I used to have the Install Recommended Updates box checked, but never again. http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/10/29/making-it-easier-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/ http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/10/29/making-it-easier-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/

As for lawyers, I think Shakespeare had the right idea.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello, Scott for your reply, I will reply you soon.

Paramountain, so... What I should I do?

I not intend to buy a new processor or make overclock with the one I have ( i7 2600K ) .

I only want my video card AMD HD 7970 works ok there, it is not working and freezes my system all the time ( everyday) .

I am using hardware respecting what INTEL suggested for this videocard.

The Kingstom memories is the EXACTLY model on intel motherboard page.

This is my machine:

• Intel i7 2600k 3,4 Ghz ( I don't make overclock ).
  • motherBoard Intel DZ68BC
  • 16 Gigas Kingston
  • KINGSTON MEMORIES 16 gigas of KHX1600C9D3P1K2/4G - 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Kit of 2 HyperX Plug n Play Lifetime
  • Video Card AMD RADEON HD 7970
  • Power Supply Corsair 850W.
  • SSD INTEL 510 series for the OS.
  • HD for files

I only want the computer works normaly?

What I should I do? the lastest chiset drivers?

What more I need?

BTW, did you see these memory ERRORS?

Thank you so much.

empoTipoDetalhes02/12/2015 15:39Application ErrorNome de aplicativo com falha: interface.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de hora: 0x565e8f41&# x000d;&# x000a;Nome do módulo de falhas: qwindows.dll, versão: 5.5.1.0, carimbo de hora: 0x561c07f7&# x000d;&# x000a;Código de exceção: 0xc0000005&# x000d;&# x000a;Deslocamento com falha: 0x0000ccb0&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do processo com falha: 0x1080&# x000d;&# x000a;Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d12d14d4b20ed5&# x000d;&# x000a;Caminho do aplicativo com falha: E:\high fidelity novo\Interface\interface.exe&# x000d;&# x000a;FCaminho do módulo de falhas: E:\high fidelity novo\Interface\platforms\qwindows.dll&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do Relatório: f03651fc-990a-11e5-b601-38607760aa3217/04/2015 03:44Application ErrorNome de aplicativo com falha: blender-app.exe, versão: 2.7.3.0, carimbo de hora: 0x54ad42b6&# x000d;&# x000a;Nome do módulo de falhas: MSVCR120.dll, versão: 12.0.21005.1, carimbo de hora: 0x524f83ff&# x000d;&# x000a;Código de exceção: 0x40000015&# x000d;&# x000a;Deslocamento com falha: 0x0000000000074a46&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do processo com falha: 0x2540&# x000d;&# x000a;Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d078c0d6e5315f&# x000d;&# x000a;Caminho do aplicativo com falha: E:\BLENDER_2.73\blender-app.exe&# x000d;&# x000a;FCaminho do módulo de falhas: E:\BLENDER_2.73\MSVCR120.dll&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do Relatório: 14deb429-e4b4-11e4-a69c-38607760aa3217/04/2015 03:44Application ErrorNome de aplicativo com falha: blender-app.exe, versão: 2.7.3.0, carimbo de hora: 0x54ad42b6&# x000d;&# x000a;Nome do módulo de falhas: MSVCR120.dll, versão: 12.0.21005.1, carimbo de hora: 0x524f83ff&# x000d;&# x000a;Código de exceção: 0x40000015&# x000d;&# x000a;Deslocamento com falha: 0x0000000000074a46&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do processo com falha: 0x3190&# x000d;&# x000a;Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d078c0c57610c4&# x000d;&# x000a;Caminho do aplicativo com falha: E:\BLENDER_2.73\blender-app.exe&# x000d;&# x000a;FCaminho do módulo de falhas: E:\BLENDER_2.73\MSVCR120.dll&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do Relatório: 04bd9b9b-e4b4-11e4-a69c-38607760aa3209/04/2015 09:44Application ErrorNome de aplicativo com falha: interface.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de hora: 0x5525f973&# x000d;&# x000a;Nome do módulo de falhas: unknown, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de hora: 0x00000000&# x000d;&# x000a;Código de exceção: 0xc0000005&# x000d;&# x000a;Deslocamento com falha: 0xf119b8d4&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do processo com falha: 0x1bdc&# x000d;&# x000a;Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d072a9cf779c4e&# x000d;&# x000a;Caminho do aplicativo com falha: E:\SL 2.0\Interface\interface.exe&# x000d;&# x000a;FCaminho do módulo de falhas: unknown&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do Relatório: 0de9ac42-de9d-11e4-af59-38607760aa3209/04/2015 06:27Application ErrorNome de aplicativo com falha: WSCommCntr4.exe, versão: 4.0.3.0, carimbo de hora: 0x50dcb523&# x000d;&# x000a;Nome do módulo de falhas: ntdll.dll, versão: 6.1.7601.18247, carimbo de hora: 0x521eaf24&# x000d;&# x000a;Código de exceção: 0xc0000005&# x000d;&# x000a;Deslocamento com falha: 0x000000000004e4e4&# x000d;&# x000a;Identificação do processo com falha: 0x14b4&# x000d;&# x000a;Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d0728e401e907f&# x000d;&# x000a;Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\WSCommCntr4\lib\WSCommCntr4.exe&# x000d;&# x000a;FCaminho do módulo de falhas: C:\Windows&#92...
n_scott_pearson

These are NOT indications of errors in your memory. These are reports of a failure in a Windows program (or driver) that is using shared memory blocks to pass information between two entities. A dump file was created for each of these reports; they could be analyzed to determine what program (or driver) has the bug causing this failure.

Using shared memory blocks to pass information between entities is a commonly used communications methodology. It's used on (and in) Windows, Linux and many other O/Ss. I used it myself in Intel Desktop Utilities. IDU uses a shared memory block to pass information between its environmental monitoring service and its Tray Icon and User Interface programs.

The one time that I remember seeing this particular error previously, it turned out to be a problem in a down-rev. version of the driver for an ATI graphics card. Installing the latest available driver stopped the issue from reoccurring. This was years ago, so I doubt that it has anything to do with your issue - but you should make sure that you are running the latest version of the graphics driver for your card.

...Scott

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Scott already named something I was going to suggest, but I will go further. You need to start over with respect to testing. Don't assume anything is working correctly.

This will be annoying, but I recommend first removing the video card which will allow the Intel graphics to operate (and move the cable to the board connector). Download the latest Intel driver for it and install it. Then run Intel IPDT which will test both CPU and graphics. Look through the messages to note if any problems are seen. Then do whatever it is that causes a problem (something to do with video). If your problem is not present, then we have named the video card as the likely suspect.

Now on to memory, even though Scott does not believe it is the suspect. Read the following link for a Windows memory test. Basically you start Control Panel, enter "memory" into the search box at upper-right, and select "Diagnose your computer's memory problems." I agree that memory is probably not the problem, but don't assume. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer Diagnosing memory problems on your computer

Then reinstall the video card, start the system, and check to see if you have the latest Radeon drivers. If not, download and install them. Test again. Perhaps you should uninstall all Radeon drivers and install the latest.

Now for something you might not want to hear. It is possible that when you placed the CPU onto the socket, you pushed a few pins to the side. I saw a system where this happened and the video had severe problems as a result. I know it is a pain to disassemble all that, but you need to know. Use a magnifying glass and a flashlight if necessary (I always do because my up-close vision is not great). If you nudged some pins, the board is probably ready for recycling. But at least you will know. Of course you will need thermal compound to reassemble everything. I recommend Noctua.

Do you have any other add-on cards in the PC? If possible, remove them and test again.

Scott alluded to a problem with Windows. Perhaps it is time to reinstall Windows. Make a backup of all data first, of course.

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr.

We would like to know if you were able to solve the issue after following paramountainand N.Scott.Pearson recommendations?

Please post here any updates on this issue.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello @Cesar_Badila , how are you?

Are you from Intel team? Paramountain and Scott helped me a lot, but I still with a lot of questions as you can see.

This is a resume o my case, if you want to read I will be so thankfull.

" Dear Scott and Paramountain. First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for your attention and help. Now I will try to be very precise.

1st of all, Sorry If I repeat some questions, my English is not my Main Languange. So...This is my machine:

• 16 Gigas Kingston , KINGSTON MEMORIES 16 gigas of KHX1600C9D3P1K2/4G - 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Kit of 2 HyperX Plug n Play Lifetime
  • Video Card AMD RADEON HD 7970 ( SAPHIRE)
  • Power Supply Corsair 850W ( TRUE POWER) .
  • SSD INTEL 510 series ( 120 gigas) for the OS.
  • HD SAMSUNG for files
  • I USE WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 bits

NOW let me try to describe my problem.

after the computer turned on for some time, he seems to have a bottleneck. Sometimes when I'm simply typing, it Chokes and then jumps letters, or even freezes for a few seconds and then appear all text typed. That's what I described now is not always, but often it happens.

In the 3D mode after a few minutes with programs Super light as is the case of Second Life, which works perfectly on older Radeons in IRIS Intel and other platforms, simply becomes unstable and does not want to run on my system, freezing after some minutes. It freezes the windows and no key wroks . dont work CTRL + ALT + DEL, dont work CTRL + **** + TAB, Dont work ESC. ,. I need to push the reset button on the computer and turn it on again to make it work, and after some time happens again. that's my problem. Now I will describe how my machine.

Important information when we set up the computer and called it the first time, it would not work in 3D mode. I had to install LUDIC Logix VIRTU the intel to make it work in 3D without freezing your computer. But I realize that this program can also be the cause of instability. Can be?

2) When I bought the hardware to built it, I bought the best 3 years ago. And I not the kind of user who don't take care about the hardware. I already had set up many computers before and this one I'm talking about has been assembled with all possible care.

3) The Kingston memories was not available in the shops and I did order directly from Kingston to the EXACT model suggested by Intel.

4) Since the 1st time I turned on this new computer when I opened a very light 3D program as the www.secondlife.com the machine freezes when I move something in 3D. So... I reinstalled a lot of times the windows to try to solve this and not solved.

5) After had tryied it, I updated my bios to the BIOS 028. But I am sure I never updated the CHIPSET drivers. ( 3 Years ago I only intalled the drivers for Sound I think ).

6) I am not a gamer, I dont make overclock, only sometimes I need to open something in 3D as the SECOND LIFE because I am designer and I need to see what I made in 3D view.

7) THE MORE IMPORTANT NOW: I need to know what I need to install in the system for this hardware configurtion. All drivers I need for this MOTHER BOARD> SO I will need CHIPSET driversm AUDIO drivers I dont remember if I installed SATA drivers or MArvell drivers. Should I really need to install a NEW BIOS? Or in my case I need to test 1st the CHIPSETS driver or anything more that I dont know? What I need to install for this MOTHER BOARD for a simple configurantion like me?

8) About the video card ( RADEON HD 7970) I tryed ALL versions of the Catalyst control ( the company driver + software) and IN all versions I found the same problem in my system. What make me belieave the problem could be in the INTEL MOTHER BOARD.

The help I would like is: I want to know what I need to install for my system for use it with this videocard . I dont intend to buy a new generation of CPU or new memorys, I only want it works. I preffer buy a new computer if I will need to buy a new CPU, Memorys and motherboard. I had so much headache with this motherboard. Please, help me with the corrects DRIVERS I need to install for this System with windows 7 PRO 64 bits.

Thank you very very much.

BEst regards to all. And sorry about my English, is not my main language. "

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr,

Yes, I am from Intel team.

Could you please provide the following information so we could do further research on this particular case?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html?wapkw=graphics+report Intel® Graphics Driver Report for Graphics Drivers

Screenshot of device manager installed drivers.

BIOS version installed on your Intel® DZ68BC motherboard.

RADEON HD 7970* Driver version.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool

The http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-system-information# 1TC=windows-7 Msinfo32 file.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello @Cesar_Badilla , how are you?

Are you from Intel team? Paramountain and Scott helped me a lot, but I still with a lot of questions as you can see.

This is a resume o my case, if you want to read I will be so thankfull.

" Dear Scott and Paramountain. First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for your attention and help. Now I will try to be very precise.

1st of all, Sorry If I repeat some questions, my English is not my Main Languange. So...This is my machine:

• 16 Gigas Kingston , KINGSTON MEMORIES 16 gigas of KHX1600C9D3P1K2/4G - 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM Kit of 2 HyperX Plug n Play Lifetime
  • Video Card AMD RADEON HD 7970 ( SAPHIRE)
  • Power Supply Corsair 850W ( TRUE POWER) .
  • SSD INTEL 510 series ( 120 gigas) for the OS.
  • HD SAMSUNG for files
  • I USE WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 bits

NOW let me try to describe my problem.

after the computer turned on for some time, he seems to have a bottleneck. Sometimes when I'm simply typing, it Chokes and then jumps letters, or even freezes for a few seconds and then appear all text typed. That's what I described now is not always, but often it happens.

In the 3D mode after a few minutes with programs Super light as is the case of Second Life, which works perfectly on older Radeons in IRIS Intel and other platforms, simply becomes unstable and does not want to run on my system, freezing after some minutes. It freezes the windows and no key wroks . dont work CTRL + ALT + DEL, dont work CTRL + **** + TAB, Dont work ESC. ,. I need to push the reset button on the computer and turn it on again to make it work, and after some time happens again. that's my problem. Now I will describe how my machine.

Important information when we set up the computer and called it the first time, it would not work in 3D mode. I had to install LUDIC Logix VIRTU the intel to make it work in 3D without freezing your computer. But I realize that this program can also be the cause of instability. Can be?

2) When I bought the hardware to built it, I bought the best 3 years ago. And I not the kind of user who don't take care about the hardware. I already had set up many computers before and this one I'm talking about has been assembled with all possible care.

3) The Kingston memories was not available in the shops and I did order directly from Kingston to the EXACT model suggested by Intel.

4) Since the 1st time I turned on this new computer when I opened a very light 3D program as the www.secondlife.com the machine freezes when I move something in 3D. So... I reinstalled a lot of times the windows to try to solve this and not solved.

5) After had tryied it, I updated my bios to the BIOS 028. But I am sure I never updated the CHIPSET drivers. ( 3 Years ago I only intalled the drivers for Sound I think ).

6) I am not a gamer, I dont make overclock, only sometimes I need to open something in 3D as the SECOND LIFE because I am designer and I need to see what I made in 3D view.

7) THE MORE IMPORTANT NOW: I need to know what I need to install in the system for this hardware configurtion. All drivers I need for this MOTHER BOARD> SO I will need CHIPSET driversm AUDIO drivers I dont remember if I installed SATA drivers or MArvell drivers. Should I really need to install a NEW BIOS? Or in my case I need to test 1st the CHIPSETS driver or anything more that I dont know? What I need to install for this MOTHER BOARD for a simple configurantion like me?

8) About the video card ( RADEON HD 7970) I tryed ALL versions of the Catalyst control ( the company driver + software) and IN all versions I found the same problem in my system. What make me belieave the problem could be in the INTEL MOTHER BOARD.

The help I would like is: I want to know what I need to install for my system for use it with this videocard . I dont intend to buy a new generation of CPU or new memorys, I only want it works. I preffer buy a new computer if I will need to buy a new CPU, Memorys and motherboard. I had so much headache with this motherboard. Please, help me with the corrects DRIVERS I need to install for this System with windows 7 PRO 64 bits.

Thank you very very much.

BEst regards to all. And sorry about my English, is not my main language. "

More details ( Print screens and photos) during this topic. thank you

ECava1
New Contributor I

" Hello Edde_Jr,

Yes, I am from Intel team.

Could you please provide the following information so we could do further research on this particular case?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html?wapkw=graphics+report Intel® Graphics Driver Report for Graphics Drivers

Screenshot of device manager installed drivers.

BIOS version installed on your Intel® DZ68BC motherboard.

RADEON HD 7970* Driver version.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool

The http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-system-information# 1TC=windows-7 Msinfo32 file.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others."

Hello, Caesar B, how are you?

I saw in the MSinfo32 lot of windows errors. I dont know what it is...

I would like to make a question before you start. This computer with this hardware suports the windows 8.1? Today I use the windows 7 pro 64 bits.

Well, all files you requested is here.

So... lets start..

I don't have INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER installed because I never used Intel Graphics since I have AMD RADEON 7970

About the Graphics intel, wich one from the picture I should use? Since my processor is an INTEL i7 2600K

This one https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23280/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23280/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7 works with 2nd Generation intel I have ( i7 2600k_) too?

Or only the bottom of of the screen ?

And How to install the Graphics intel since it is not EXE file.This is A ZIP file, I Unziped but I dont know how to install it.

ANd since I use AMD 7970, is really necessary to install Intel Graphics???

The screen shot of the DEVICE MANANGER :

The BIOS VERSION is 0028 Since I use intel i7 2600k. Should I install a more stable one? there is any version more reliable/ stable than this one?

Radeon 7970 I tryed ALL versions of the Catalyst and the same problem in all versions. The actual version is the :

DIRECT X

The Direct X with old drivers: https://cdn.fbsbx.com/hphotos-xfa1/v/t59.2708-21/12361016_10153157554415653_801948260_n.txt/DxDiag_w... https://cdn.fbsbx.com/hphotos-xfa1/v/t59.2708-21/12361016_10153157554415653_801948260_n.txt/DxDiag_w......

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr,

The I7-2600k processor has Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000.

Your Intel® DZ68BC motherboard supports Windows* 8.1 x32 and x64

In regards to how to install the drivers after you unzipped the file please refer to the Release notes(https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23279/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-8- INSTALLATION README) https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23279/eng/GFX_10.18.10.3496_Installation_Readme.txt https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23279/eng/GFX_10.18.10.3496_Installation_Readme.txt

Unfortunately, I was no able to access neither the DirectX logs not the Msinfo32 files. I got "URL signature expired" error.

Could you please re-upload them?

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello, cesbadil,

Thank you for the Reply.

So.. the driver for intel I should download is this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n...

instead this one, right? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23280/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23280/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7

VERY GOOD TO KNOW the system supports windows 8.1, I dont know why, but I suspect a windows 7 PRO problem . I last case I thinking in buy windows 8.1

I Uploaded again the Direct X logs and Msinfo32 files again.

DXdiag with old drivers: http://textuploader.com/5fx2a http://textuploader.com/5fx2a

DXdiag with new drivers: http://textuploader.com/5fx20 http://textuploader.com/5fx20

MSinfo32 with OLD drivers: [URL=http://www.mediafire.com/view/x0mpf3ewb1411ad/MSinfo_with_old_drivers.txt]http://www.mediafire.com/view/x0mpf3ewb1411ad/MSinfo_with_old_drivers.txt[/URL http://www.mediafire.com/view/x0mpf3ewb1411ad/MSinfo_with_old_drivers.txt]http://www.mediafire.com/view/x0mpf3ewb1411ad/MSinfo_with_old_drivers.txt[/URL]

MSinfo32 with NEW drivers: [URL=http://www.mediafire.com/view/0h3ko0ir8kw116w/MSinfo_with_new_drivers.txt]http://www.mediafire.com/view/0h3ko0ir8kw116w/MSinfo_with_new_drivers.txt[/URL http://www.mediafire.com/view/0h3ko0ir8kw116w/MSinfo_with_new_drivers.txt]http://www.mediafire.com/view/0h3ko0ir8kw116w/MSinfo_with_new_drivers.txt[/URL]

I hope you can detect the problem.

Thank you so much.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello, cesbadil, paramountain, N.Scott.Pearson, mikec_intel,

PLease, I am going crazy about the graphics drivers for intel because It is available ONLY in ZIP file.

So, I unziped it and there a lot of new files and folders. and I read the instructions but its soooooooooooooo confused ,. I cant find the items in "device mananger" it shows.

Well... please, someone help me about it. It is very confusing,

And what it is " DISPLAY AUDIO" into the intel graphics? I have AMD audio, realtek audio, I also need Display audio? OMG, it's all so confusing.

Thank you all again.