Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECava1
New Contributor I

DZ68BC with BIOS 28 and having problems. Please, I need some help.

Hello Intel Team and experts here.

Well, I have a computer I made about 3 years ago with Intel DZ68BC with BIOS 28

Intel i7 2600k

Kingston memories 16 gigas ( I used the ones on the intel motherboard list )

Windows 7 PRO 64 bits.

SSD intel 510 series 120 gigas.

Power supply Corsair 850 w.

The fact is my computer never worked well. I spent a lot of money to buit it. The computer looks like wants to frozen all the time, sometimes when I'm typing text gives me the impression that fought for a second and then skips letters.

When I use simple 3D features, OMG, it is a caos, even using my AMD HD 7970.

Even the SIMPLE second life www.secondlife.com that works perfect on INTEL IRIS, it frozen in my system with a powerfull videoboard as 7970, the best before the R9s ones.

PLease, I need a solution.

WHAT IS the best BIOS for this motherboard? The one I HAVE? 39? the latest? PLease user, please Intel, Please experts, I really need a help. please. I am suffering with it.

What I need for this machine works better? Should I update the bios? there any BIOS stable and better then the BIOS 28 ??

I will use the same hardware I described
Tags (1)
107 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr,

In this case just double click on the "Setup.exe" file and follow the prompts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Thank you!

cesbadil, and the driver are correct? is that one? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n...

Since my intel is the i7 2600K, is it correct ? Or is the new one that not mention the 2ND processors?

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

HelloEdde_Jr,

You could install that one, it is fine. It will install driver version:

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 9.17.10.3347

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.14.0.3097

Additionally, the latest driver for your processor's integrated Graphics is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

I you are still confused about what driver to download? You could try automatically detect and update your drivers and software with the http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu Intel Driver Update Utility.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

ECava1
New Contributor I

cesbadil, ok thank you.

Welll. you said: "

You could install that one, it is fine. It will install driver version:

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 9.17.10.3347

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.14.0.3097

Additionally, the latest driver for your processor's integrated Graphics is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

""

But the Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 9.17.10.3347 doesnt work, When I try to install it appear this message:

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-362199-249275/the system doesnt have.png https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-362199-249275/the+system+doesnt+have.p...

" THIS SYSTEM DOESN'T HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS..."

"this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software""

So... Can I install only this one-> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit???

Or I need to install these 3 ones you mentioned in this order ???

1) Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 9.17.10.3347

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-family: intel-clear, arial, helvetica, 'helvetica neue', verd...
ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello everyone, Hello, Hello, cesbadil, paramountain, N.Scott.Pearson, mikec_intel,

A very important information for try to find the solution of my case.

Right now I was trying to install the INTEL GRAPHICS and the windows showed to me this message:

" THIS SYSTEM DOESN'T HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.

"this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"" I translated it to English, I dont know wich one is correct. Please, see the picture.

See this:

And WHY in VIDEO it shows ONLY AMD, and not shows intel too ?

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Please try the latest driver for your processor's integrated Graphics from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello everybody, Hello, cesbadil, paramountain, N.Scott.Pearson, mikec_intel, I'll try to simplify my questions.

Check it out:

Even I using AMD video card, it is necessary to install intel graphics?

If so, they could put the link intel graphic that works with i7 2600K?

I tried installing 9.17.10.3347 and it doesnt work. the windows shows this message: "THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ..."

So ... Can I install only this one-> Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows * 7 / 8-64-bit ???

And why shouldnt to install Intel (R) Display Audio Driver: 6.14.0.3097? It really is necessary if I have AMD AUDIO, REALTEK audio?

Or else, why in the DEVICE MANAGER does not show video intel ? There just is AMD there. This is normal?

Some people here spoke not have drivers for USB 3.0 installed can give error in the system, is that true? Is it really necessary to install these drivers?

If so, what is the link to download them?

Thank you for asking so much, I'm desperate. my head is getting too confused. Please look at the latest photos I posted which shows DEVICE MANAGER and other parts of my computer, also posted DXdiag and MSinfo.

Thank you all.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Eddy, I never said USB 3.0 drivers were causing the problem. That's why I asked Scott the question.

I would never operate a system which had errors in Device Manager, which is what would result from not installing the USB 3.0 driver.

The most current USB 3.0 driver is: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19880/USB-3-0-Renesas-Electronics-USB-3-0-Driver Download USB 3.0: Renesas Electronics* USB 3.0 Driver

ECava1
New Contributor I

paramountain, thank you, it clear now to me.

Ok, so don't appear INTEL there because the AMD video card is connected in my system, ok.

But I can install Intel Graphics even with my AMD connected in my machine or I will need to remove it anyway??

..................................................................................................................................................................................

About the INTEL GRAPHICS, a question that is not clear to me. Which drive I should install?

This one? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

Or this one? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n... Download Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Boards with 2nd Gen Processors

NOTE: THIS last one doesn't work when I tryied to install. And the 1st one is .EXE, I think it will works.

SO, which one?

..................................................................................................................................................................................

And about USB 3.0. Thank you for clarify. But is good install it ? I've heard in this community a long time ago people having troubles with USB 3.0 with this mother board with old BIOS.

It was solved with this new driver? OR I will need to update the the BIOS to the USB 3.0 works well???

I have a good news to everyone. Since I updated the CHIPSET and MARVELL the computer is not freezing anymore when I typing, or exploring windows.

But the problem in 3D mode remains.

Wellll. half of problem was solved. I've been testing the computer these last days and it seems the typing issue , I think ( not sure), I think it is gone, \o/

Best regards,

Edde

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Eddy,

You obviously are either not understanding us or are not doing what we tell you to do. Forget drivers for now; let us get through the hardware shift. Follow these steps:

1. Power off the system.
  2. Unplug the monitor cable from the back of the graphics card.
  3. Connect this cable to the similar connector on the back panel of the motherboard.
  4. Remove the graphics card from your system.
  5. Power back on and wait for Windows to boot.

Tell us when you have done this. Do not ask any more questions until you have done this.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello, N.Scott.Pearson, I going to do it right now.

just an Infornation.

I had installed in this order:

1 New CHIPSET DRIVERS.

2 Marvell 91xx Driver 1.2.0.1019

3 Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7240

4 intel Network Connections 19.1.51.0

And I uninstalled

1 LucidLogix VIRTU

INTEL GRAPHICS never was installed in this system since I built it.

So. now after had made the 5 steps you said, what I should I do? since I had installed these drivers I mentioned.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Eddy, I'll continue from Scott. After you perform all five of his steps, your PC will boot with text and pictures larger than normal. Do not worry about that, that's because you have no Intel graphics driver. Download the Intel graphics driver (see below for the link). After it completes downloading, place the cursor over the filename, right-mouse click, and left-mouse click on "Extract All..." That will display a dialog with two options, Extract and Cancel. Click on Extract, which will create a new folder with the files you need. Double-click on the new folder and double-click on Setup, which will start the installation. Say Okay/Yes.

The file to download is https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n... Download Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Boards with 2nd Gen Processors.

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr,

Please follow paramountain steps and let us know of the outcome.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Ok, paramountain and cesbadil,

I will do it. Just a last question before go ahead,

You said to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22672/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Boards-with-2n... Download Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Boards with 2nd Gen Processors., right? I agree

And this one is for 2nd Gen too and its a .EXE: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit

they are the same thing or for different purposes?

paramountain and cesbadil, will you be here tomorrow? From what time to what time? Here its 19:19h .

I asking this because I can't open the computer right now. I need to remove the computer of the place and open it, remove video card, etc.... I can't do it right now. But I can do it tomorrow. Is possible help me tomorrow ?

cesbadil, did you read the files you requested about MSinfo and DirectX ? I added a reply with new links.

Thank you so much.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I do not know about the other Intel graphics driver you referenced. The one I referenced came from Intel Downloads and is appropriate for DZ68BC with 2nd Generation CPUs. Make sure you download the 64-bit version.

Sorry, I look in here from time to time and do not work for Intel. On Monday I will be busy during certain time periods. I suggest you post questions here. There are many competent Intel personnel here, as well as Scott.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

"why in the DEVICE MANAGER does not show video intel ? There just is AMD there. This is normal?"

Yes, that is normal. Once you remove the AMD graphics card and install Intel graphics drivers, you will only see Intel under "Display adapters." If you had installed Virtu, you would see both Intel and AMD under "Display adapters." By the way, do NOT install Virtu now.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

"I tried installing 9.17.10.3347 and it doesnt work. the windows shows this message: "THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ...'"

You need to do what we tell you. We asked you to remove the AMD card, move the video cable to the motherboard connector, and install the Intel graphics driver. You will not be able to install the Intel graphics driver until the AMD card is removed.

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr,

Please follow paramountain's steps and let us know of the outcome.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

ECava1
New Contributor I

This reply is to all.

Dear cesbadil, paramountain, N.Scott.Pearson, miked

First I would like to thank everyone for joining the topic and for the help.

I am so grateful about it.

I would like to say a few points:

After having updated any drivers like CHIPSET And MARVELL the computer no longer has lag problems when entering ( typing) text, gagging when entering text, yes, it definitely over. A week ago I use it every day and it does not even happened once.

However, when I use something in 3D, after some time of use, the windows freeze happens with the last image that was displayed. And no acess to CTRL ALT DEL or CTRL SHIFT ESC. Only the reset button or restart works.

It must restart the machine so that all back up and running again.

With the year-end festivities I did not have time to open your computer to remove the graphics card AMD 7970, in order to observe the operation without it, with video of intel.

In the face of this information I posted now and diagnostic reports that were required to me, as MSINFO and DXdiag I posted here, what you think about it?

Thank you so much and a Happy New Year.

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello Edde_Jr,

Thank your for your good wishes.

As soon as you have the time to open your machine and do the suggested troubleshooting please let us know of the outcome.

Happy new year to you, too.

Regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello buddies, I have a important information to solve my case.

I opened my computer and when I freezes ( stop to work) the onboard display shows ERROR 30 .

So, what is the problem ?

Thank you