Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECava1
New Contributor I

DZ68BC with BIOS 28 and having problems. Please, I need some help.

Hello Intel Team and experts here.

Well, I have a computer I made about 3 years ago with Intel DZ68BC with BIOS 28

Intel i7 2600k

Kingston memories 16 gigas ( I used the ones on the intel motherboard list )

Windows 7 PRO 64 bits.

SSD intel 510 series 120 gigas.

Power supply Corsair 850 w.

The fact is my computer never worked well. I spent a lot of money to buit it. The computer looks like wants to frozen all the time, sometimes when I'm typing text gives me the impression that fought for a second and then skips letters.

When I use simple 3D features, OMG, it is a caos, even using my AMD HD 7970.

Even the SIMPLE second life www.secondlife.com that works perfect on INTEL IRIS, it frozen in my system with a powerfull videoboard as 7970, the best before the R9s ones.

PLease, I need a solution.

WHAT IS the best BIOS for this motherboard? The one I HAVE? 39? the latest? PLease user, please Intel, Please experts, I really need a help. please. I am suffering with it.

What I need for this machine works better? Should I update the bios? there any BIOS stable and better then the BIOS 28 ??

I will use the same hardware I described
Tags (1)
107 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

These are POST (Power-On Self-Test) codes. While a few are error codes, most are progress (initialization phase) indicators.

In your case, a hang at POST Code 30 indicates that a memory failure has occurred. You likely have a bad or failing DIMM. I would replace your memory and test again. See if you can find someone locally who will lend you some memory to test with before you spend any money replacing it yourself.

...S

ECava1
New Contributor I

N.Scott.Pearson, paramountain, cesbadil Hello all people here.

I FOUND the problem, is in the mother borad, I will show. Its a VOLTAGE ISSUE, is possible to fix it ? Or I will need to buy a other motherboard. It's a shame for INTEL made a so bad motherboard as this one, since I built this computer, I always had problems. See teh problem. Now theres error 30 and erro 00. See the screen when the computer stoped to work..

Is possible to FIX it with a NEW BIOS ? If YES, with is the more stable new BIOS for USE with i7 2600k ?

ECava1
New Contributor I

n_scott_pearson

There is absolutely nothing wrong with these voltage readings. The only issue I can see is the high temperature readings for the processor. You likely need to replace the thermal paste between CPU and heatsink...

...S

ECava1
New Contributor I

But, , I had this problem with this computer since I built it. IT never worked well. Do you really think the problem will be solved with thermal paste ?

Is not a case of update the BIOS ? BTW, what is the BEST thermal paste for processors? I will buy a watecooler, I know it insnt necessary but I REALLY WANT, I want to have no reasons for heating,

I am super ultra mega tired about this so problematic mother board. I have an intel 9 years old computer lga 755 with core2quad works perfect, I never changed the thermal paste. this computer never stoped to work, the motherboard is the amazing https://www.google.com.br/search?espv=2&biw=1920&bih=896&q=d975xbx2+drivers&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnyrWGmf... d975xbx2, when intel used to make good motherboards.

Sorry, But I am so angry with intel, this mobo is very very bad, since I bought it I had problems. Intel show give me an Z77 one or an OLD X99 with a processor for it. I lost a lot of works with this system.

ECava1
New Contributor I

paramountain, cesbadil, mikec_intel, N.Scott.Pearson

So, I decided UPDATE the BIOS, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo tired about so many problems. I will try it and if it not work, I will incinerate this motherboard.

So, please. What is the MORE STABLE BIOS for this motherboard ? I am using am i7 2600k.

BIOS 42, 38, 37 ???

PLease, I need to solve it as soon as possible. I was reading it. what intel think? I want a BIOS to fiz temp readings, voltage too.

ECava1
New Contributor I

I meant: 37, 38, 39 or 42? Which one is more stable? Please, have in mind I dont want the LASTEST, I want the more stable. I using an old i7 2600K.

I want one to FIX the temperature reading and fix the voltages and for the memories works perfect.

I was reading this:

"

/message/326491# 326491 . /message/326491# 326491 Re: DZ68BC Bios Stability Issues Fixed

ivanu_intel Aug 27, 2015 3:33 PM (/message/326235# 326235 in response to JCMAXX)

I recommend clearing the CMOS. Clearing the CMOS memory can solve BIOS corruption, but causes you to lose all customized settings in the BIOS. You also need to reset date and time in the BIOS setup after clearing the CMOS.

Follow these steps to clear the CMOS:

1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer. Disconnect the computer power cord from the AC power source.
  2. Remove the computer cover.
  3. Turn off the computer and disconnect AC power.
  4. Remove the battery located in the motherboard for at least half an hour.
  5. Remove the RAM, the video card if you have, hard drive and any other component install on the motherboard, all that for at least half an hour.
  6. Then place everything back on the PC including the battery and do a BIOS update.

You can do a BIOS update to the latest BIOS version 0042 by following these instructions:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023358.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023358.htm

And download the BIOS version at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23524/BIOS-Update-BCZ6810H-86A- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23524/BIOS-Update-BCZ6810H-86A- "

n_scott_pearson

Edde,

Forget the BIOS for now. After reading through all of your correspondence again, I believe that you have a thermal issue and this thermal issue can explain all of the symptoms that you have so far described. A thermal issue - and the resulting thermal throttling - will cause intermittent keyboard response, 3D issues, hangs, etc. If you see a temperature reading as high as (or higher than) 100c, throttling is occurring. Further, unless you leave the system sitting in BIOS Setup for 4 or 5 hours, you should not be seeing the processor reaching anywhere near the 75c readings that you recently captured.

Getting liquid cooling is one solution, but, for someone who is not overclocking, the stock Intel heatsink-fan unit is perfectly fine. You need to remove the heatsink-fan unit and thoroughly clean the old thermal paste off the bottom of the heatsink and the top of the CPU. Then, apply new thermal paste (I use Arctic Silver 5) to the top of the CPU and reinstall the heatsink-fan unit -- making sure that all four legs lock into the board properly.

...Scott

P.S. As I said before, you DO NOT have a voltage issue! The readings that you are seeing (in BIOS Setup) are perfectly fine. IMHO, the CPUID HWMonitor tool is absolutely useless for thermal and voltage monitoring on Intel Desktop Boards. It doesn't implement any customizations based upon board design, so many of its voltage readings are always incorrect and it doesn't take into account the way that the BIOS utilizes the capabilities of the SIO IC, so its representation of temperatures are sometimes incorrect as well. For Intel boards, use Intel Desktop Utilities. If you absolutely must use a third-party tool, pick one that works properly (understands how the SIO IC is used in the board design). The best (IMHO) is AIDA64 (http://www.aida64.com/ http://www.aida64.com) Yes, it cost money (you get what you pay for) - but you can use it for free for a trial period.

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I'd like to add to Scott's pearls of wisdom. CPU coolers can be a source of frustration. Too much thermal paste is often applied, leading to overheating. I think Scott commented in another thread that a sphere of 1cm of thermal paste is sufficient. Scott uses Arctic Silver, which I have proved to my own satisfaction to be the best, but make sure none of it spills onto the motherboard. For that reason I often use Noctua. I have found that isopropyl alcohol works well for removing old thermal paste.

No matter which thermal paste you use, when you have mounted the CPU and are ready to start work, power-up the system and immediately enter BIOS and check the temperatures. If they exceed 50 at first, you did something wrong and must fix it before moving on.

ECava1
New Contributor I

But N.Scott.Pearson, the problem of temperature is not into the processor, the thermal issue is on voltage regulator module.]

The cooler of the CPU dont change the speed and when I touch on the aluminium part is not hot.

And another very important information , SINCE i built this computer, since the beguining the computer not work well, sometimes it restart, crashs, blue screen and frozen,

Since the beguining , is not new. I use the computer in a ROOM with air condicioner, is not hot here.

I have other computer with 9 years old , with INTEL core2quad and I never changed the thermal paste, it works perfectly!

So, Why this computer with this very bad motherboard have a thermal issue since the beguining?

In a Brazilian forum people said the problem is located in the voltage regulator module and may ( is not sure) but it may can been solved with a BIOS working perfectly.

BTW, I bought it with an OLD BIOS and I updated for the BIOS 0028 a long time ago, before talked here on the forum. ANd I didnt reset cmos and didnt disconnected videocard and HD drivers and etc...

SHOULD reinstall the BIOS 28 doing this steps?

""I recommend clearing the CMOS. Clearing the CMOS memory can solve BIOS corruption, but causes you to lose all customized settings in the BIOS. You also need to reset date and time in the BIOS setup after clearing the CMOS.

Follow these steps to clear the CMOS:

1. Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer. Disconnect the computer power cord from the AC power source.
  2. Remove the computer cover.
  3. Turn off the computer and disconnect AC power.
  4. Remove the battery located in the motherboard for at least half an hour.
  5. Remove the RAM, the video card if you have, hard drive and any other component install on the motherboard, all that for at least half an hour.
  6. Then place everything back on the PC including the battery and do a BIOS update.

You can do a BIOS update to the latest BIOS version 00XX by following these instructions:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023358.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023358.htm

And download the BIOS version at:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23524/BIOS-Update-BCZ6810H-86A- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23524/BIOS-Update-BCZ6810H-86A-

ECava1
New Contributor I

paramountain I've been reading in this INTEL COMMUNITIES a lot, A LOT of issues about temperatures reading with some BIOS, And it is fixed with other BIOS. they said some old BIOS display a wrong temperature. What do you think about it? I still thinking the problem is the thermal issue is not the PROCESSOR , it is on voltage regulator module.]

So, how to fix it?  

ECava1
New Contributor I

PLease. See this:

And see this picture I took with the AIDA.

Its a BIOS issue that shows incorrect temperature. See...

ECava1
New Contributor I

cesbadil, paramountain, N.Scott.Pearson, mikec_intel

As you requested, the screens of INTEL DESKTOP UTILITIES.

PLEASE, help me. I am going crazy and feeling sick here, I cant work, loosing money and waisting my helth. I am feeling so bad

n_scott_pearson

Edde,

The BIOS does not display incorrect temperatures. While you are running BIOS Setup, all of the power management (PM) capabilities of the processor are completely disabled. At the same time, when the BIOS has nothing to do (i.e. it's waiting for user input), it cannot halt processor execution because it has no interrupts enabled with which to wake it back up, so it sits in a loop executing code and generating additional heat. As a result, the processor will be running hotter. Contrast this with the Windows environment. In Windows, the PM capabilities of the processor are enabled and active, interrupts are enabled and the processor can be halted if there is nothing to do. As a result, the processor will be running significantly cooler in this environment. People regularly see this disparity and think that something is wrong. There is nothing wrong; temperatures in BIOS Setup are simply going to be higher.

Now, all that said, what I am reacting to is the magnitude of the reading that you captured in BIOS Setup. Since the cooling subsystems is active - and despite the additional heat being generated when in BIOS Setup - the processor should not be getting this hot. This is what is telling me that you need to improve the effectiveness of your processor cooling solution.

I do not see any issue with the VR temperature at all. You are overreacting to the output from the HWMonitor utility. As you can see from the AIDA64 and IDU readings - which I trust a lot more - there is no issue with the VR temperature.

...S

ECava1
New Contributor I

N.Scott.Pearson,

Thank you for your reply. So... the VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) is ok?

And why the Fan of hte processor dont run in high speed when the computer going to crash?

Why the metal part of the processor dont warm ?

Belieave me in one thing what I will say: my computer there is not heating issue enough to make it crash/ freeze all the time. Something is making it crash when I use more calcules/ computation. This happens more when I use 3D than working in 2D.

I tought in VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) or bad instructions of the BIOS, the processor i am sure it is not hot. So, how can you explain the fact I have an OLD computer 10 years old ( I build it too) , with intel mobo and core2quad working perfectly and I never changed the thermal paste. Can you understand?

So, what should I do to solve this problem ? All the time when the computer freeze/ crash the message displayed on MOBO is "00" . The computer try to turn off and reboot, but it doesnt reboot. It still displaying on the monitor the last screen

thank you

ECava1
New Contributor I

Hello paramountain, So... plaase, read the last posts and the one before this one, what should I do to solve this problem ?

I habe this problem for more than 2 YEARS and each time is getting worse and crashing more and more.

Thank you

ECava1
New Contributor I

N.Scott.Pearson and paramountain, The first symptom on a computer that the thermal paste is not good ( working) and is deficient in heat dissipation is when the FAN processor run faster before lead to the crash. This is not my case, it remains running in low speed, smooth and quiet.

PLease, read this, is very small to read:

n_scott_pearson

Forget that other discussion; the BIOS update did not affect the temperature readings; it was his reapplication of the heatsink. There has never been a BIOS fix for incorrect temperature readings. If there had been, I would have been the person that oversaw it being implemented and I definitely never did so.

Look, we have wasted a lot of time attempting to fix your issues (we're on page 7 here) and we seem to be no closer. The fact is, this system is old - old enough that, in addition to any possible issues it had when you built it, you have many years of wear and tear on it and many years of incompatibility buildup (both with "modern" hardware and "modern" O/Ss (like Windows 10)). If you are not happy with it, replace the dang thing!

...S

ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Edde, I agree with you regarding the fan speed, with one caveat. If it was a cooling problem, the fan should quickly rise to its maximum speed, assuming it is a 4-pin PWM one (Intel fans are all 4-pin PWM). I say that because I have Noctua 140mm 3-pin fans running on all of my desktops, which means they always run at maximum speed.

ECava1
New Contributor I

Proff I don't have thermal problems with my processor. My computer was turned on for 3-4 hours and this is the screen.

ECava1
New Contributor I

N.Scott.Pearson, you said.

" Look, we have wasted a lot of time attempting to fix your issues (we're on page 7 here) and we seem to be no closer. The fact is, this system is old - old enough that, in addition to any possible issues it had when you built it, you have many years of wear and tear on it and many years of incompatibility buildup (both with "modern" hardware and "modern" O/Ss (like Windows 10)). If you are not happy with it, replace the dang thing!"

1) I know you all spent a lot of time and I am so thankfull about that.

2) This system is not OLD as you said. people uses Systems for more than 5 years. I used it less than 3 years because I've been working in my old computer because this new one DOENS't Work,

3) It NEVER, I said, It N E V E R worked well , as it should. Since I built it, It came with this problems/ issues about BIOS and mobo, since the beguining. Proof of it it came with a BIOS older than 0028 and It doesnt work, When I updated to BIOS 0028 it start to work a little bit.

4) I am very very angry and disappointed with INTEL ( I am not reffering you or other people here) but I am very very angry, I am 100% sure this computer was very very well built.

I am an INTEL old COSTUMER, I bought dozen of intel items during these years. Processors, mobos, SSDs, I made a lot of machines, not only for me, and

ALL MACHINES works perfectly, only this one doesnt work as it should.

the problem with the @INTEL is the fact the company dont assume the problems with this HORRIBLE mother board ( DZ68 series) . I seriously thinking I am going to SUE intel if intel dont fix it or dont give me a brend new MODERN mother board or an motherboard with chipset 75 or 77 to use with my Memories I have. I deseve it from intel, I deserve respect in my case.

I have how to prove it this problem since I built this computer and I will WIN in a sue intel.