cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DZ68DB MEMORY ISSUES

Jump to solution

I am building my first computer. I am using the DZ68DB board with an i7-3770 processor. When I turn it on, I get the dreaded 3 beeps indicating a memory issue. I have tried two types of memory: Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4x4GB) and Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX. I've tried placing the memory modules in the various memory slots and I've also moved the BIOS jumper to configuration and recovery mode. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
VDerk
New Contributor III

What is the BIOS revision of the board? Not all DZ68DB boards support Ivy Bridge CPUs without the latest BIOS.

The AA number on your board will tell what the original BIOS revision of the board is.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VDerk
New Contributor III

What is the BIOS revision of the board? Not all DZ68DB boards support Ivy Bridge CPUs without the latest BIOS.

The AA number on your board will tell what the original BIOS revision of the board is.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

AA G27985-104 which I think corresponds to BIOS BCZ6810H.86A.0032. So how do I find out what BIOS level I need for my processor?

VDerk
New Contributor III

http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=I7-3770 http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=I7-3770

Provides an overview of which boards are compatible with your i7-3370. Minimum BIOS version seems to be 0040. The AA G27985-104 of the board shipped with 0032. G27985-105 shipped with 0040 installed.

If your board is brand new I would ask for a 105 or 106 revision that works with your CPU, the 104 was replaced around April with the 105 revision. An alternative is to install a sandy bridge CPU, upgrade to the latest BIOS and then install your i7-3370.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply. I'm in the process of swapping out the motherboard. Next time I'll ensure that the BIOS version supports the processor. Hopefully this will resolve the memory issues. Thanks again!