cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AH_1
Beginner

DZ68DB - after re-installing win8.1 RTC stops

Hi,

I reinstalled my PC from scratch with Win8.1 and after that, the RTC doesn't work anymore. When you are in the BIOS, the RTC is not ticking. And if the PC is off for some time, the clock misses this time.

I've allready changed the CMOS battery with no effekt.

I don't think it's an hardware issue, because it would be a great coincidence that it just happened during reinstallation of win8.1

Does anyone have any idea?

regards andi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi andi, did you try measuring the voltage of the new battery just in case it is bad too? I hope you have a multimeter.

I would not imagine this to be related to the operating system but perhaps you may want to try a different image or operating system altogether. It may help to try a http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm BIOS recovery as well.

I wonder if anything else changed in your hardware that could have caused this.

AH_1
Beginner

Hi Joe,

the new battery is fine and even the old one is still good. I also tried to flash the BIOS again, with no effect.

Finally I got the problem solved by booting Ubuntu 14.04 from an USB stick. After rebooting into the BIOS I recognized the clock now running again

Since then everything seems to work normally again.

Does this make any sense to you?

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I am glad you got it working.

It did not make any sense first but now I suspect it is related to UTC vs the local time (GMT) configuration. It seems to be a common issue.