cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IGane
Beginner

DZ75ML-45K, Motherboard is not booting

Hi,

I have the motherboad with Intel Core i3-3220 processor running on it.

It was working fine for an year or so.

But yesterday when I changed the bios setting AHCI disabled, and gave save and exit, the bios got hanged, mouse pointer didnt move.

So I pressed reset button.

Then after reset, the bios doesnt boot at all.

I tried resetting CMOS by removing the battery, but it didnt solve the problem.

The STDBY led in motherboard is blinking continuously(in intervals of 1 secs) and the bios never loads.

No display in monitor.

I had graphics card Zotax Gefore GT210, I removed that card and connected it to onboard graphics, but no display.

I removed RAM and checked, it beeps and placed ram back in, but the stand by led blinks.

After switching on, The Power LED is stable, rear fan in cabinet and cooling fan for processor is running continuously.

Kindly help me resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I suggest that you perform a BIOS recovery following the instructions detailed here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm. When they say "Recovery BIOS", they mean the latest BIOS available for your board.

Why were you disabling AHCI?

...Scott

IGane
Beginner

Hello Scott,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I tried the same, by downloading ML0017.BIO and copied the file in pen drive.

removed the jumper and switched on by connecting the pen drive.

But nothing happens no display.

I tried with graphics card connected to motherboard

and once without graphics card, that is using on board graphics

I didnt disable actually, I gave disabled selection and reverted back to enable.

Since I gave enable again, I was sure no changes would be made, so I gave save and exit bios(in classic mode)

But the bios got hanged.

Didnt boot after that.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm...

Was the flash stick plugged into a port on the (back) I/O shield of the board? Don't use ports on the front (this adds another variable into the problem).

During the recovery operation, does the LED on the flash stick ever flash?

If it doesn't, unplug system from the wall. Remove the battery. One hour later, insert a brand new CR2032 battery in its place. Try things again. If you can flash the BIOS and get into BIOS setup afterwards, remember you need to hit F9 to restore defaults and then change any other BIOS settings that you need (like boot mode)...

If worse comes to worse, look at the rough procedure I highlighted in this posting:

If this works, great. If you still don't see video working, it may be time to contact Intel Customer Support; something on the board may have failed...

...Scott

IGane
Beginner

Nothing seems to be working.

Flash drive led doesn't show up.

No bios keys is working, because Numlock led doesnt show up or even the optical mouse doesn't glow.

I have to take it to Intel customer support.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

NAhme2
Novice

Hi,

Is your problem resolved ?

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi FedEx,

Did you solve the problem replacing the board or you solved the problem following Scott's recommendations?

Best wishes,

Ivan