Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

DZ77BH-55K Reboots at BIOS Splash Screen

I have a new DZ77BH-55K with a fresh Windows installation and the .0085 BIOS running an i5 Ivy Bridge. When I power up my system, I see the Intel splash screen, but before the F-key etc prompts pop up, the computer shuts down and after a couple seconds powers back up. I get a text warning that an unsuccessful boot attempt was detected, press >some key< to enter setup and adjsut BIOS settings or pres >another key< to continue to try to boot. If I press the key to try to boot again, I get the splash screen, BIOS F-key prompts, and windows loads up. System runs fine.

So I can get my system working. But this is annoying, and I can't see how it's working as intended. I had a moderate overclock with the overclock assistant, so I tried reseting BIOS to defaults and still saw the same behavior.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Hardware details:

i5-3570k

8GB Corsair Vengence CML8GX3M2A1600C9B (2x 4GB)

GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670

OS Drive on SATA0: Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/240G 2.5" 240GB SATA

Storage Drive on SATA1: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

I'm in a situation where if I can sort this out in a day or two, I'll keep the board, otherwise, I need to RMA it Monday-ish to get it back to newegg within 30 days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: DZ77BH-55K Reboots at BIOS Splash Screen

Hello KC Coxe,

Here are our recommendations:

Ensure you have followed a clean installation of the Operating System using the latest drivers from our website.

Test the system on a minimal configuration out of the chassis. Test with minimum memory installed.

Test with a different power supply with at least 550 watts.

If the issue persists, update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: DZ77BH-55K Reboots at BIOS Splash Screen

I finally tracked the issue down to an external backup drive plugged into the rear USB 3.0. The board does not like that drive there when booting up. Really disappointing. Any ideas to fix that?

0 Kudos