Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DZ77GA-70K Fast Boot Problems

I am trying to set the fast boot bios options general and video optimization using BIOS version 0060.2012.115.1750. After I enable the options, I get the message "The previous boot attempt failed. Would you like to restore fastboot on the next boot?". If I answer yes, I just get the same message again. If I answer no, the system boots but with the fastboot options disabled. This is clearly not a serious problem, but I work in a business environment and would rather not have the bright yellow skull on my screen when I start the computer. Is there anything I can try?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

try enabling one at a time and see which one causes the issue.

idata
Community Manager

Each one individually and both together will cause the problem.

idata
Community Manager

This issue has been there forever and they don't want to fix it

idata
Community Manager

I can live with the problem, but I would like it fixed.

I'm still pleased with the board. I have some CPU intensive processes that run for days and with this running at 4.5Ghz I have cut the time needed by about 70% from my i7-3517 running at 1.8 Ghz.

idata
Community Manager

It seems to be happening in UEFI mode only. Try booting using Legacy mode and fast boot options.

idata
Community Manager

I can report that FAST BOOT is now working for me. The solution was to buy a UEFI GOP video card.

I bought EVGA GTX 660ti and flashed it with UEFI firmware, enabled Secure Boot (Which disables Legacy Boot as well), turned on all 3 fast boot options and it is now working. 1 thing that i noticed is, with video optimization turned off, when booting, it will show a intel extreme logo, but with optimization on, it shows the blue Windows 8 logo.