Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

DZ77GA-70K UEFI shutdown/standby/restart issues

Seems that UEFI mode on the DZ77GA70K causes shutdown/restart/standby hangups and lockups 50% of the time within Windows 8 Pro. During a shutdown/restart lockup, it may just hang on the shutdown screen and require a manual poweroff to reboot, or hang for about 40 seconds than produce a Windows 8 BSOD screen that references "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Some times it does restart or shutdown or standby succefully, though.

This has been apparent on BIOS 0053, 0057, 0058

Disabling UEFI and installing windows on legacy BIOS seems to resolve the issue (shutdown/restart/standby) works correctley, however reinstalling on UEFI with Windows 8.

All drivers are updated, and system was prior running Windows 7 with no issues in UEFI.

IT seems this is also occurring for others in windows 8. I prior used the RTM, but have since reinstalled my retail purchased and activated copy on a fresh reformat. Issue contines to persist.

/thread/31290?start=15&tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/31290?start=15&tstart=0

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Let's hope Intel will solve this soon.

:/

idata
Community Manager

Yes I have the same exact problem you are experiencing, I have spent many long hours trying too figure this out, apparently windows 8 is not compatible with this board when it comes to restart/sleep/shutdown, (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) I have had limited success with hibernation, but it seems that Microsoft has set some unusual power routines for win 8 that probably work perfect on a new PC that one would buy at the store, I'm going to drive win 8 for about another month or two and if this isn't resolved I will be going back to windows 7 which runs without error on this board.

idata
Community Manager

I have the precisely the same problem (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION), even after updating to the most recent BIOS.

Are you listening INTEL? This is a great motherboard. Please make it work with Windows 8!

SVanc2
Beginner

Having the same problem !

Now with the second fix ( see another post --> disabling dynamictick in win8) it works with windows 8.

But the bios still needs to be fixen by intel...

idata
Community Manager

Where is the other post about "disabling dynamictick in win8?"

Can you give us a link to it please?

idata
Community Manager