Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMarr3
Novice

DZ77GA-70K USB 3 stopped functioning

After a windows 7 blue screen shut down my USB 3 is no longer operable. I uninstalled and tried reinstalling the driver but I get an error that my computer does not meet the requirements for installing the driver. This leads me to believe the USB 3 is fried. What is the best way to get to support for this problem. Is there a support chat or do I need to wait until Monday to call.

Thanks for the help,

John Marrocco

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZAgha
New Contributor II

Nothing is being detected at all?

Not even in the Device Manager or when you plug a peripheral in the port, nothing happens??

JMarr3
Novice

Nothing at all. At first in Device Manager it was telling me that the device failed to load. So I tried deleting the driver to try and reinstall the driver. When I tried to reinstall I get a message that my computer did not meet the minimum requirements for the driver and it would not reinstall. So obviously the USB 3 hardware is not being detected. There is nothing in Device Manager anymore about USB 3. My USB 2 is working fine.

JMarr3
Novice

Update....after many hours of restarting, turning settings on and off in BIOS and using a very large hammer I was finally able to reload the USB 3 drivers and all appears ok. Not sure what the problem was, just hope it remains stable.

ZAgha
New Contributor II

Sorry I didn't read your message earlier but glad you had your problem solved.

idata
Community Manager

Hello jemsurvey,

We are happy that the problem got fixed.

If you experience the same problem again, check that the operating system is not the culprit. You can do so by trying to boot from a device connected to the USB 3 port.

Regards.