Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COliv7
Novice

DZ77GA-70K & c-states

What is the latest version of bios that keeps the option c-states avalaible? thanks

12 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello umm@,

I checked the release notes for the BIOS versions available, but none of them mentioned anything related to C-states. So, please let me review your inquiry, and as soon as possible I will update the thread.

Regards,

Amy.

COliv7
Novice

thanks for answer, at the bios 0021 the "processor c-states" option existed in the performance-processor-processor secondary settings option & in the power-power technology options existed also,

In future updates of the bios this options disappears, my question is which was the last version of bios that had these options before they disappeared. Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for that information.

Were you using the same processor with that BIOS version?

Could you please let me know your processor model?

Regards,

Amy.

COliv7
Novice

I am use I7-3770 with bios 0066, but this data I do not think will help answer my question. Thanks anyway.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for the information.

Please let me check that.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113018 umm@, thank you for your patience.

Currently I am still reviewing this matter, I will keep you posted as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy.

COliv7
Novice

Thanks Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113018 umm@, thanks for the patience.

I have been reviewing this matter, but at this stage I have not been able to find information regarding C-states on the BIOS documentation. The documentation for BIOS 0021 does not specify about this feature being included in that release.

I would like to know; is there any particular reason why you would like to have the C-states on the BIOS?

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113018 umm@, hope you were able to check my last post.

Regards,

Amy.

COliv7
Novice

sorry for the delay, Is for the purpose of trying to reduce the excess of whine coil sound, I thank your effort. Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113018 umm@, no problem, thank you for the answer.

Like mentioned before I have not been able to find information regarding C-states on the BIOS documentation; however, there might be a different solution to this coil sound. I would like to request a couple of things, if you don't mind;

• Is there any chance you can record that sound and share it with me?
  • What are your settings for the fan speed? You could try using the pre-sets in the BIOS to reduce the sound too.
  • Have you tested a different fan? I am trying to find an answer to this sound, but the only thing that comes to my mind is that the sound is caused by fan ball bearings.
  • Can you try removing all the components and start to test the motherboard fitting one component at at time? Maybe you already tried this, but just to make sure.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113018 umm@, hope one of the suggestions mentioned above helped you.

Regards,

Amy.