cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGree9
Novice

DZ77GA-70K issues after bios update

Jump to solution

Hi! I'm not very good at english so I hope you forgive me my grammar and punctuation.

---

The problem is:

MoBo starts automatically after shutdown. There's no matter how it was shutdown, via OS or button. It looks like you push the power button, OS exits and power is off, two or three secs and it runs again. After, if press the button during post, it will shutdown, finally. If allow it to boot OS, the cycle repeats.

It all began after i decide to move from 066 to 064 bios version. I always use flash drive to update, but that time I deal it with .EB.EXE package. There were no errors during bios blocks update, all ok.

May be the fault was that I start configure bios right after first restart without booting to OS and facing "successfully updated your bios" splash window. After I finished setting system restart twice in a row and only after that I can get to boot screen.

What i tried:

Reset bios via jumper

Reset bios via battery removal

Update back to 066

Update like first time but proper

Doing so brings me no results.

The one thing I can suggest is that reboot script from bios update kit some way now runs infinite on my machine. This is isn't affects stability or so but quite annoying.

I'm not familiar with ITK, but hope it can be fixed without hardware reprogram of SPI.

Thanks in future advance.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
SGree9
Novice

Hi all. Just got a little trip and forgot about topic here.

Some days ago I have to sort out cables of my usb stuff and found that the reason of this problem was not bios.

Such autostart produced a keyboard plugged in USB3.0 on back panel! I plug it there before update just to make it simply work in bios, since in black/yellow ports my keyboard & mouse work only after "cold" start, if I decide to make a restart from OS (not by pc case button) it becomes nonoperational until Windows loads. When I plug it back to 2.0 port pc shutdowns proper without any tricks.

I really don't know what's wrong can be with keyboard, it uses common key layout without any multimedia or power keys (Enermax Aurora KB007U), I have five various LGA1155 based boards and never faced any usb-related problem with it. So my version about incorrect flashing was a coincidence.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

I am sorry for this inconvenience. Have you considered rolling back to BIOS version 064 using the recovery or F7 methods?

BIOS update instructions

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-022312.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-022312.htm

SGree9
Novice

Hi,

I used GAZ7711H.86A.0064.EB.exe file first time. Updating to 066 was via F7. When I see that problem still exists after flashing 066, I run that GAZ7711H.86A.0064.EB.exe again according the instructions, thinking this may reset the scripts and fix it.

LKery
Beginner

Hi mate

1. Shut down your box.

2. Press button on the back of your case called B2B (button turn red when on)

3. Start your box

4. Enter BIOS - F2

5. Exit BIOS

6. Shutdown box

7. Turn off B2B button

8. Start again - should be good

Cheers

SGree9
Novice

Hi all. Just got a little trip and forgot about topic here.

Some days ago I have to sort out cables of my usb stuff and found that the reason of this problem was not bios.

Such autostart produced a keyboard plugged in USB3.0 on back panel! I plug it there before update just to make it simply work in bios, since in black/yellow ports my keyboard & mouse work only after "cold" start, if I decide to make a restart from OS (not by pc case button) it becomes nonoperational until Windows loads. When I plug it back to 2.0 port pc shutdowns proper without any tricks.

I really don't know what's wrong can be with keyboard, it uses common key layout without any multimedia or power keys (Enermax Aurora KB007U), I have five various LGA1155 based boards and never faced any usb-related problem with it. So my version about incorrect flashing was a coincidence.

View solution in original post

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The best option is connecting the keyboard to the black USB 2.0 ports.