Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGree9
Beginner

DZ77RE-75K Motherboard - Shutting Down hanging at end of cycle

I am hoping someone can offer some input on where to start troubleshooting an issue where I select "Shut Down" in Windows * and it progresses fine and then hangs? When that happens the displays (2) power switches are flashing like they do normally after shutting a successful power down but the drive light is solid and I can hear the fan running. I then have to hold the on/off power button in to force the system to stop. When I boot up everything is fine with no Windows warning messages and it goes right into it with no problems or delays. It boots up in about 37 seconds. Also, if I select restart, it seems to take a about a minute to cycle whereas before it took about 10 seconds to get to the restart point. Any suggestions on where I should start looking? I am at BIOS 0061 which I moved to after a Windows Update caused some problems and it corrected it. Thanks in advance for any help.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155

Intel Desktop Motherboard LGA1155 DDR3 1600 ATX - DZ77RE-75K

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

Themaltake Smart M850W Power Supply

Intel Solid State Drive 180GB 520 Series

Barracuda 2 TB 7200 Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2643-KR

Antec Sonata IV - ATX Mid Tower Case

LG GH24 Internal CD Super Multi DVD Rewriter

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Windows 7, Windows 8?

RGree9
Beginner

Windows 8 64 bit. Sorry about leaving thar out of the specifications I thought I had included tinfo data.

idata
Community Manager

It is a known problem:

DGood6
Novice

Hi Ron,

I have a very similar system and I can get W8 to totally shutdown in 5-7 seconds using a hard drive from the metro shutdown. The W8 x64 image that I am using is very vanilla with just W8 updates. I am running the default 039 bios on this replacement DZ77RE-75K motherboard in legacy mode.

Most of my boot up time is spent on the W8 boot loader screen. Trying to measure the total boot up time for me is delayed by having to make an image selection since I have four images loaded to the same HD. I am not using quick/fast boot, hybrid or hiberation.

I found 061 bios to be too unstable; bios changes between classic and visual don't get coordinated, hot swap is not working correctly, memory at 1600 or 1866 is unstable.