Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

DZ77RE75X problem booting

idata
Community Manager

i am a new computer builder and this is my first build, i am buying little by little and have a tower, optical drive, water cooler, 700w psu, and the intel dz77re75x motherboard so far. I hooked the psu up to the motherboard as well as the cooler fan to the motherboard as well as the optical drive via the 3gb/s sata port. i plugged in the psu and went to turn it on to see if it would start up and the fan spins for a split second then it all shuts down and the reb light flashes on the board that states cpu hot. the thing is that i dont have a cpu in it and i dont even get a beep code......is this normal operation if i dont have a cpu or ram in it thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I had same problem with DZ77GA-70K, turns out it was a faulty board.

RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Without a CPU installed the Board does not know what to do , So Put a CPU in and try again , Make sure the CPU is compatible with your Board . The most important thing to remember when building a computer is compatibility.