Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

DZ87KL-75K A6 40 on LED Display = No Primary NIC

I am using the DZ87KL-75K with the 0344 BIOS. The primary NIC connection will not work and I have on the LED display A6 and 40

If I go into the BIOS setup and make no changes at all and just F10 and exit and save the A6 and 40 on the LED display is fine and shows 00 01 and the primary NIC connection works. If I do a Windows restart (or a cold boot) then the same problem comes back. Even if I disable un-used items (such as IEEE, Thunderbolt, PS2) the same issue happens

The secondary NIC connection is working fine all the time.

What does the A6 40 on the LED display indicate? Intel Tech support says it is 'Reserved for Future use'.

CPU = i7 4770K

Memoary = 2 x 8 GB

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello PDSchweitzer,

I will check on this and I will be back with you with more information about the post codes on this motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I am also curious about the A6 40 - I can't think of anything obvious that has changed, but I know it used to be the usual 00 01

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Sorry for the delay, I am still checking this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

You are kidding right? I posted this message weeks ago.

I have since returned this motherboard and went with another brand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Any progress? This is rather frustrating - networking appears to be able to be restored via Windows Repair, but only until the next reboot. Windows disables both network adapters by default, and this POST code appears every time now. This has also caused problems in Linux, requiring me to use the secondary ethernet port as the first isn't even recognized.

I also noticed (possibly related) that the Dell Driver Update Utility says:

Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection:

This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates.

This is very unusual...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

We are still checking. Sorry for the delay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same problem with the A6 40 and after next reboot we can start over again..

Another thing. After i updated the BIOS to latest, WOL is not working. I can ping from my WAKE ON LAN client and get online status. But when i send the Wake Up nothing Happens.. This worked in previously version of BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi All,

Thanks. I am checking this with the development team.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Any updates soon ??. It's a problem for me not having WOL on my board, and only one working NIC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi TerlmiDK,

I am really sorry for the delay on this process. I have no feedback yet from the development team. I will ping them to have updates on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Just checking up on things with this ticket. I noticed another thread was started on the same issue:

I'm definitely still having problems - in particular, I noticed that if I let windows troubleshooter run and then walk away (the troubleshooter takes a minute or two to finally decide to reset the network interface) the entire computer will hang and require a hard reset. Also, if one soft resets after they reset the network interface, the problem will not be present again until a full shutdown is completed.

Occasionally, I will not be able to POST at all due to network initialization failure (at least according to the POST codes).

I'm thinking this will require a firmware update on the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yeah same here.

Intel. I know you stopped making desktop boards, But please keep working on the last board you shipped. It's frustating the time we have to wait for a fix for this !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi TerlmiDK,

We are currently working on this to have a fixed and issue has been forwarded to the corresponding department to its investigation.

We apologize for the long time waiting for this issue to be solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It's worth mentioning that as of Windows 8.1, I now can no longer get the ethernet to work at all... fortunately I have a Wifi card, but it's not ideal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi jacob_s,

At this point this issue is escalated to the corresponding department and is under investigation. We apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi all,

I am sorry for the delay on coming back to you with updates. Based on the engineering department this problem has been fixed on the latest bios update.

Please download the latest bios update at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23453&ProdId=3598&lang=eng&OSVersion...

let me know the results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

Any feedback on this? did you resolve the problem with the BIOS update?

Thanks,

Kevin M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

hi Kevin,

still getting A6 40 after BIOS 450

just now I got another common one for me 01 01

I really can't believe we are having so many problems with this board and the 87MC I have 5 87MC's and 1 Z87 with all sorts of little issues. I been working with support since the end of Nov. on this. We finely got a different board from another brand for a customer and all problems went away.. It looks like we will have to do the same with all the other customers.

bob scrip

CompneTek

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi CompneTek,

I completely understand your frustration and I really apologize for this. We are investigation what the problem is to have a solution as soon as possible.

0 Kudos