Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IHaje
Beginner

DZ87KLT-75K BIOS boot menu has suddenly stopped showing all my drives. It now shows only 2 of 8, before this morning it showed all always.

DZ87KLT-75K BIOS boot menu has suddenly stopped showing all my drives. It now shows only 2 of 7, before this morning it showed all always.Can one of the designers help out. F10 now brings up a screen with only 2 of 7 drives and as I said before this morning it showed all . I hjav ethe latest BIOS update installed. I USE LEGACY BOOT. I HAVE NEVER USED UEFI AND DON'T PLAN TO. The Oses installled on the various drives are win 8.1 (one a Intel series 730 SSD 480 GB, one Seagate 500GB HD), Win 7 (Seagate 500 GB HD), Win server 2012 (secondary SATA port, Seagate 500 GB HD), Ubuntu (secondary SATA port, Seagate 500 GB HD), One DVD writer. one Intel series 530 240 GB mSata SSD formatted blank MBR type.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Before it stopped working, did you perform any change on the system?

Kevin M

PEdwa4
Beginner

I have recently replaced my first DZ87KLT75K Motherboard, after it continued to "lose" it's Boot device.

Now my new MB has started to do the same thng?

I can, so far, use "Boot to BIOS" and eventually reselect my "Lagacy Boot" device (C:\ Drive), or and/or some times even the "Boot Device Priority", if the C:\ drive somehow isn't the first boot drive anymore?

Do I need to replace the MB (DZ87KLT75K, SN: BQKT329000CD, AA-G74721-304) again, or is it from something else, I haven't figured out yet?

Need to fix for this thing, before I lose data, and/or can't find a way to get my system to re-Boot again.

So Far, Intel HAS BEEN NO HELP WHAT-SO-EVER, EXCEPT FOR THE NEW MB, WHICH DIDN' FIX THE PROBLEM FOR VERY LONG?

Paul

PEdwa4
Beginner

I should have added that each time I have "Fixed" this boot problem, it seems to re-occur sooner, the next time it occurs?

Think there was a 304 version of this MB, and a 305 version too, so I wonder how many problems have taken place with the 305 version, and can we still get it, as replacement from Intel?

Paul

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello PaulEd,

I have the DZ87KLT-75K next to me and I has been working just fine. I have tested many times with different USB devices and boot options but so far no problems.

If updating the bios and drivers on the board is not fixing your issue, I think you should contact our support center for them to help you checking the unit.

Here is our contact center:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Kevin M

PEdwa4
Beginner

I contacted Intel, and got, then installed, a DZ87KLT-75K-305 MB, which I hoped would cure my problem, as the first two MBs were the -304 version.

I worked great, for a while,again, then started doing exactly the same thing as the first two MBs did. I used BIOS, plus F-9, reset legacy boot, turned off all power reduction choices (Per Crucial Website, to prevent a lower power to the SATA Corsair (CSSD-F!@)GBGT-BK) Boot drive.) This worked too, for a while, but the time between "Fixes" decreased until I am doing it at least twice a day, minimum! My BIOS are the latest shown on the Intel DZ87KLT-75K MB website, and I have updated everything else I can find too? Now, when I go into the BIOS, there is not even anything changed from when I used F-10 the last time, and exited the BIOS for the LAST FIX?

HELP -HELP - I can't believe that I have gotten "That Many BAD MBs IN A ROW"? I never liked Intel's Visual BIOS that well, over the old one's anyway, but scared if I switch back to the old BIOS, that I will continue to have the same problems, and no one from Intel will know enough about the old BIOS to be able to HELP me?

Not sure where to go, or what to do next? Now thinking it must be the SSD, either because the MB reduces power to it, or some other glitch between the Intel BIOS, and all SSD drives in general?

PEdwa4
Beginner

Well, I finally fixed the problem.

I scrapped the Intel DZ87KLT-75K MB, and installed a Gigabyte X99-UD3 MB, with a Core i7-5820K CPU, and everything is working just fine.

Guess it was a good idea for Intel to stop making MBs, since out of three I tried, all of them FAILED!

JMill45
New Contributor I

FIXED!!!! (at least temporarily)

We just had the same issue where the motherboard could see the drive but not as a boot device.

None of the BIOS settings had been changed.

To test:

1. We moved that SSD to another computer with a different motherboard and it booted OK (Windows wasn't happy but it got far enough to find that out).

2. We plugged a non SSD drive into the troubled computer. It could see the drive but not as a boot device.

We tried updating the BIOS to the latest. Nothing.

We compared BIOS settings with a working computer and they were the same.

We were about to use the BIOS reset jumper when, on a lark, we tried "Load Defaults" in BIOS settings. That worked. Nothing visibly changed in the BIOS settings but it's working for now.

Will this problem reappear? No clue. At least we have a fix now.