Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NKozl
Beginner

DZ87KLT-75K Problems (A6-40, BIOS updating)

Hi there,

I just recently updated to an Intel DZ87KLT-75K and am having a few problems. First of all, I can't update the BIOS to 0344, because if I do, I can not see the BIOS screen. My computer still boots just fine, however, when I try to get to BIOS setup, I cannot see the BIOS screen. I have read about some similar problems on ASUS boards, and they seem to say the video is having a handshake problem with the monitor, making the BIOS screen unreadable. I am having a similar problem. Also, like some other people, I am getting the A6 40 error code on my post code lcd. This seems to say that my main NIC isn't working, and I can make it work by 1: Going to the BIOS and saving and exiting, or 2: unplugging the computer and losing power to the motherboard. If anyone could provide some insight to these problems, that would be great.

Some additional information:

Newer monitors, 2 different resolutions, 1440p and 1600x900. Have tried both, 1 and the other. Both DVI connection

AMD 7970.

RAM is fine and tested.

Have tried updating the BIOS both from the .exe and from the F7.

Power supply is great, tested on 2 other machines.

Also, was having problems with self-restart before I turned off "Wake from LAN" in the BIOS. Now don't have that problem.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Have you tried doing a BIOS recovery as instructed here?

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-023360.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-023360.htm

Be sure to disconnect all peripherals not required for the update, even the mouse, keyboard, hard drives and any other CD/DVD ROM, this may take up to 15 minutes even if there is no display on the system

The file you need to use is posted here:

Download Center - BIOS Update [KLZ8711D.86A] BIO File

When putting the jumper back, keep in mind that this needs to be in position covering pins 1 and 2.

In addition, could you please test what happens when you use the system with just the integrated graphics and completely remove the add-in video card installed?

PEcon1
Beginner

Hi All,

New at this, I also have the similar problem, my system boots into the OS but when trying to go to BIOS setup, it says entering Setup. Although that I have recovered the BIOS as per article mentioned above. And this is a brand new system. The other Symptom that I am experiencing is that the LAN shows that the cable is unplugged, however if one restarts the system via the OS (Windows 8) then it shows it connected.

Any help from Intel experts?

JScha9
Beginner

Seems similar to this:

There doesn't seem to be a solution yet...

DArce
Valued Contributor III

In fact this issue is being investigated. As soon as we have an update on this, we will let you know.

DHajd
Beginner

Hi everybody,

Recently i have purchased DZ87KLT-75K, installed everything, try to update BIOS to '0344' version, and after reboot hit F2 and nothing, only black screen! I used 'Self-Extracting Windows*-based update file'. Then try to REFLASH with lower '0336' version of 'Self-Extracting Windows*-based update file', and Thank God i have my old BIOS back!

Hope to see some solution of this problem soon!

Thanks

ln31
New Contributor I

edit

oppps, sorry wrong thread

XLin6
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading the bios version to 0446.

And 0446 forbids downgrading!

Note: BIOS version 0446 adds support for Microsoft* Windows* 8.1. After updating to version 0446, you will not be able to downgrade to version 0346 or earlier. The following warning message will display: This BIOS is not allowed to downgrade reversion, but system will do reset in 20 seconds automatically.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

XavierLin, I am using the motherboard with the latest BIOS (v0446) and Windows 8.1 and I am not having any strange behavior.

Would you please test your system out of the chassis with minimum configuration like processor, motherboard, power supply and 1 memory stick on DIMM # 1?

Please remove any additional accessory such as video card, wireless card, hard drive etc.

Clear the CMOS removing the battery for about an hour http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery# datetime http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery# datetime

The, please start adding one component at the time until you find the conflicting one. If you are able to swap components to narrow the issue will be better.

XLin6
Beginner

Thank you, Sylvia, I tried to unplug my Nvidia card, and connected to my TV via HDMI port on the board. This time I can enter the bios without any problem. Then I reset the bios configuration and shutdown to plug the video card onto the board again, and connect to the monitor via DVI port. And finally I can enter the bios without a blank screen.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Perfect!!! I'm glad to know that your system is working now.