cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

DZ87KLT-75K Shutdown produce a restart

Hi all,

everytimes I want to shutdown my PC with Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64, then it will be a restart. If the system is running the Standby Power LED is blinking. At the Post LED I can read a Ab or A6 and at the second a 30. I hope anybody know what I have to do to troubleshot These problem.

Here is my system components:

DZ87KLT-75K into a Silverstone SST-RV01 B-W USB3.0 Raven Case

i7-4770K (nothing is overclocked with boxed Cooler)

Patriot Viper3 2x4GB Intel Extreme Masters Edition 2133MHz (in automatic mode @1600MHz)

Silverstone SST-ST1000-G Strider Gold Evolution PSU (the manufacturer write on his website that is Haswell compatible)

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 SC connected to the 1st PCIe x16 (HDMI-Connection to a BenQ RL2450HT)

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB connected to SATA0

2x2TB Western Digital Caviar Green (configured as a Win8 storageplace with mirroring) connected to SATA2+3

Samsung SSD 64GB connected to SATA4

LG BH16NS40 BDRW connected to SATA1

US-Robotics USR5638 PCIe Faxmodem connected to the 1st PCIe x1

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted

+1 - seeing this myself. My hardware is completely different except I have the same motherboard and CPU.

First impressions are that the board is great but there is a lot of work to do to fix up all the BIOS bugs (there seem to be plenty).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

There´s now a new problem in addition to my shutdown-restart-problem. Without activity of myself I have no more access to the BIOS because the F-keys are no more available. The standby power led is no longer blinking and the POST-LED give me a 00 + 51. I don´t know what´s going on, but system runs fine and I will still waiting for the first BIOS-Update. I hope the express version will run. Otherwise I only can use the recovery bio.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I've also had intermittent access with the board failing to boot (fails a POST test somewhere, I think it's graphics). But if I reset again it usually boots without issue (occasionally requires a second reset). I'd have to take the lid off to see the code.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Now I´m back on my thirst prob after a BIOS Clearing. The F-Key at the boot Screen are back, but the POST led´s give me now a A6 and a 40 (for future use). I´ve connected a extra Adapter cable with a power Switch between the normal power cable an the PSU as external an functional power Switch until a fix will be available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

You may want to consider testing the motherboard out of the case and with the minimum components. Then, if the issue does not occur, start adding components to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I think my problem is fixed now. Today I have changed my RAM. I have builded in the Kingston KHX24C11K4/16X from your tested memory list, selected the XMP for 2400 MHz and the System is running. The standby power is blinking no more and the POST led´s show me 01 + 01. The system shut´s down at command and stay off until I push the blank key of my Razer Lycosa Mirror Keyboard or as normal by pushing the power switch. I know the keyboard power on only to wake up the system from standby. But I don´t know if it is a bug or a feature. However, the PC runs without errors. Perhabs you can give me a confirmation or more help, if it is a error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

In this case it is probably easier to test this keyboard with a different system to see if the same happens. Otherwise, test the motherboard out of the case as suggested earlier since the motherboard USB will only wake up from S3 sleep mode.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22677/eng/DZ87KLT-75K_TechProdSpec01.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22677/eng/DZ87KLT-75K_TechProdSpec01.pdf (pages 38-39)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I´ve used this Keyboard together with the DZ77RE-75K Extreme Board with the Core i7-3770K on it since over a half year before. There was a absolute normal usage. To the end of this week I´ll got my Intel Thermal Solution RTS2011LC and in the front of the integration I´ve at first something to disassemble. But I don´t know what could be different to run the mainboard outside of the case. Perhaps you can tell me about what I´ve to look

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Grounding or short circuit issues… incorrect connections…

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I´ve disassembled my system to build in the Liquid Cooler RTS2011LC and I got the same issue outside. The half of my shutdown orders produces a restart. After Assembling it´s allways the same. I let run my 2400-MHz-RAM in automatic mode, because sometimes after switching off the PC with a external power switch I got a error peep code from the BIOS about the RAM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

To Eliminate any board electric malfunction, do as joe said,

• Take the MB out of the case
  • Place it on NON conductive base
  • load default setup on the BIOS
  • With the CPU installed, heat sink, one stick of RAM

Start the system. & start troubleshooting by adding one compo at a time.

"make sure you do it in that order" If the issue is still present with the minimal sys components then it's the MB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Same problem here

This is the configuration and sometimes the computer is restarting when i take shutdown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I see the same issue withthe shutdown (auto restart) issues.... there is no new bios update and agree there are many bugs.... i am running similar system to dmichael but with different SSD configuration..... to be honest i was expecting more...

also, i am using a 1866 memory dimms, when i choose this speed in the bios system wont boot.. and i need to reconfigure in bios back to 1666 for some reason..

0 Kudos
Highlighted

With respect Yamasha, you've got a Gigabyte motherboard, not the Intel board, so your problem may well be different. This thread is all about specifically DZ87KLT-75K boards restarting after a soft shutdown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

correct, i thought there is cpu problem, not motherboard...i`ll ask on gigabyte..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

We are checking about the fan issue.

About the restart/shutdown issue please check on the visual BIOS under "power tab", depending of the processor and the power supply, there should be some options to enable or disable the processor's power states.

If you find them, please disable C6/C7 power states, C3 should be enable. Go to the top right hand where it says 12V2 Min-load. From the drop down select the "Yes" option.

The following article may be useful: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2217/ http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2217/

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

To find a list of power supplies that meets the new Intel PSU Design Guide specification go to:

http://www.intel.com/reseller/psu_selector/ http://www.intel.com/reseller/psu_selector/

Let me know about the results.

Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thank you Joe_intel for your answer. I´ve tested these Settings. As I´ve opened the power Settings of the CPU I´ve found the C6/C7 power states disabled. I´m still using the only available BIOS 0336. After I´ve saved these settings and start up my System the Intel Desktop Utilitys give a alert to me about to few core voltage. Also I´d a look on your link. They use the BIOS version 0341. This version is not downloadable from any Intel website. Not in Germany or North America. Where I can get it?

I`m still using a very modern 1000-Watt-PSU. The Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution. The vendor have written on his website the PSU will support Haswell. Whatelse, I´ll buy a Corsair AX860i from your compatibility listing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Now I´ve done what I´ve told you diego_intel.

I´ve bought a Corsair AX860i from the Intel PSU Haswell Compatibility List and payed over 180 € for that. I´ve enabled the C6/C7 states at the BIOS and I get now at every cold start a catastrophic power Event and I should test my PSU if this error persists. If Windows 8 Pro x64 is running my Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Software is disabled.

After a warm restart the Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 Software is ok, but the Hardware Monitor of the Intel Desktop Utility Version 3.2.6.068 tells me the Processor Core 0 and the Processor Ring Voltage is out of range with the value 0,xxx.

To preventing damage to my hardware I´ve disabled the C6/C7 states again. What I´ve to do now?

FYI: At first I´ve updated the BIOS from 0336 to 0344.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have also done the BIOS upgrade to 0344 and haven't yet had the restart problem occur. It's too early to be sure it's not still happening but so far it hasn't happened again.

0 Kudos