cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FFuch
Novice

DZ87KLT-75K problem after bios 451 update

Hi,

Right after the bios 451 update (by the F7 method) I can't enter the bios anymore by pressing F2. Also, the "Back to Bios" button is not working anymore.

In both cases, I see the extreme board logo and the F2 / F7 / F10 message, but nothing happens.

I can boot to Windows however, and AIDA64 reports the correct bios version. The PC is able to sleep normally. But there's no way to enter the bios.

Thanks in advance.

PC specs:

i7-4771

Intel DZ87KLT-75K (bios 451)

G Skill Sniper F3-1866C9-8GSR (4x8GB)

Samsung 840 EVO (250GB)

AMD HD 7850 (Sapphire)

PSU Corsair 850TX

WD Caviar Black 750GB

WD Caviar Green 2TB

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Stephen
Valued Contributor I

Hi black2bios

it seems the problem you are experiencing is the same as the one TomTech in this thread https://communities.intel.com/thread/44640?start=60&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/44640?start=60&tstart=0 is experiencing

And it seems to be affecting AMD Graphics Cards from what i can tell by looking at both your system configurations, you all seem to have AMD GPUs and i haven't seen reports of anyone running Nvidia GPU or Intel Integrated reporting this yet on BIOS 0451

As for me it works fine and I'm using Nvidia GPU EVGA GTX 770 3771

0451 BIOS installed fixed my memory issue and works like a charm

FFuch
Novice

Hi stephenb.b.r

Thanks for the reply. Later I will disconnect the graphic card and try to enter the bios. Then I will report the results here.

Thanks

FFuch
Novice

Hi again, stephenb.b.r

I think you're right. I believe that by removing my graphic card I'll be probably able to enter the bios.

But I won't disconnect my graphic card. I have assembled this machine three months ago. With the exception of the PSU, all hardware is brand new. It was properly tested after the assembly and not a single piece of it is faulty. What we have here is a software problem. Therefore, I will wait for a software solution. I'll wait the next bios update.

Thanks again.

KBenm
Beginner

did you try to at least connect your monitor to the onboard graphics to see if you can enter BIOS? Less hassle than removing the graphic card...

FFuch
Novice

As I was expecting, it doesn't work. With the monitor connected to the onboard graphics, I cannot boot or even see the intel logo. The only thing I get is a black screen.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

So far and based on the information you have provided seems like a compatibility issue. Have you tired with a different card?

It may be necessary to wait until we come up with a BIOS update.

FFuch
Novice

Hi kevin

There's another discrete graphic card here but it's being used in my wife's PC. I enjoy to assemble PCs for me and family members but, at the same time, I don't like to mess with hardware unless I have a really good reason to do it.

I have the feeling that I won't wait too much for the next bios update.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Well we do not have an ETA yet but I am sure it will be soon.

TMcCa3
Beginner

There are some positive possibilities. The previous BIOS versions did not have (as far as I have read) any GPU problems. The recent BIOS 0451 did solve the memory issue for at least one case. I haven't built a new computer from scratch for many years, so I am out of hopeful technical suggestions (something to do with "synchronization" between the memory and I/O ?) I appreciate the continued effort.

TMcCa3
Beginner

Hello black2bios,

I notice you have 32 GB of G.SKILL memory, if a different variety than mine. Before BIOS 0451, had you had any issues? Info on what does work may be as helpful as info on what doesn't work. Thanks.

FFuch
Novice

Hi TomTech,

Sometimes the PC beeped three times when turned on for the first time in the morning. I had to press the reset button to boot normally with expected values; no need to enter the setup or anything. So yes, I have had what could be called a "memory issue" (and that's why I was keeping an eye on this forum). But, from a practical point of view, it was just a little annoyance.

I use the sleep state a lot, but as far as I can see, the three beeps are gone with bios 0451. Hope this helps at any point.

Thanks.

FFuch
Novice

I just forgot to say that the annoyance described above was introduced by the bios 0450.

Also, I have had three occurrences of the BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (april 29, may 9, may 19) that may be related to the bios 0450 (never had this error before).

ADuar1
Novice

Hi Everyone,

I 've joined the Intel comunity because I was also a victim of the 451 version update.

I did this update because I was trying to set the timings of my RAM (but this is another topic).

Some have related that this occur due to a incompability with some graphic board or something.

Wel, not in my case, my PC doesn't have a graphic board and the Bios doesn't show up as well.

Looking forward to a update that fix that soon.

My setup:

i7 - 4771

DZ87KLT-75K

32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600 (7-8-8-24 at 1.5V)

3 SSD Samsung 840 Pro in Raid 0

FFuch
Novice

Hi Andre_Duarte,

So you're not using any discrete graphic card but had the same problem? This is quite interesting!

I will mark your post as an answer because it makes clear that the BIOS 0451 is flawed. Some people do not know how to recognize a fallacy; they even think that a fallacy can be "helpful" in any way; but that's their problem, not mine.

Just for the records, I'm back to the previous version of the BIOS (version 0450) and the reported issue is gone. I still have to test, however, if I can boot using the onboard CPU graphics (with BIOS 0450) having a discrete graphic card installed. I have never tested that and, of course, I want to be able to use the onboard graphics if needed.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Guys,

I personally have been testing this motherboard with XMP profiles at 1600MHz, using onboard and discrete cards but I have not been able to replicate the problem.

It is strange but my board is working properly I have tested both BIOS versions and no problems have come up.

ADuar1
Novice

Hi Black2bios,

Yes, that's right. My computer is brand new, and never had a graphic card installed before.

Does this downgrade to 450 version solved this issue for you? Can I just download and execute the 450 Bios exe file, and that's it?

I'll give it a try later.

Kevin, I was wondering and I think the problem could be related to the frequency... I use a LG TV, and I know that the LG uses a narrower range of frequency.

I'll gonna try it using others TVs to see what happens.

Best,

André.

ADuar1
Novice

Hi there, beside my LG LCD TV, I've also tried on a Sony Bravia LCD TV and on a Samsung LED TV without success.

And then I tried to downgrade the Bios versions, one after another, but again, without success.

The only thing that changed is that when I downgraded to the 446 Bios version (the version I'm currently using now), the motherboard returned to show the RAID screen at the boot very begining (the screen that shows all the devices and the Raid array structure).

That RAID screen had disappeared together with the Bios when I updated to 451 version.

When I saw that screen had returned, I though: Now it will display the Bios correctly, but no...

The MB Leds shows 00:E9, while stucked on the black screen.

Another detail that catch my eye: during the Bios updates, on that screen that show the progress (the one that says Flashing memory of many kinds and also display the current and the new Bios versions), I could notice that the resolution changed from the 446 version to all the others (447, 450 and 451).

On the 446 version, the resolution is smaller (the letter size is huge), and on the 447, 450 and 451 versions, the letters were quite smaller (bigger resolution).

Kevin, I'm really worried that you weren't able to replicate this issue so far... that means that you don't have a slight idea of what is going on... Many people are experiencing this and I'm really anxious for an update that fixes that... I have spent big money on that MB, and the experience has been being quite terrible so far... I can´t speed up my RAM to the timings that they were designed to.

FFuch
Novice

Hi Andre_Duarte,

I think I know what you're talking about when you say that you have spent big money on this MB. In my country we have to "pay two" (in dollars) in order to "have one". And I suspect you live in the very same country.

Yes, the problem was solved with the downgrade to BIOS version 450: now I'm able to enter the setup (bios) again.

Of course, the BIOS 0450 issue is back again: when turning on the computer in the morning, I hear three beeps and I have to press the reset button (choosing the option "boot with previous settings") in order to enter the OS. This is annoying, but it's the better I can have until now.

Some people say that smoking and lung cancer are related. It's strange: I smoke since I was eighteen, but I have not been able to replicate the problem.

No one has asked yet which is the version number of my motherboard... And the most helpful answer we got so far is "hey pal, it's strange, but I smoke and I don't have lung cancer".

I do trust in the Intel engineers and I hope they're at least being informed about what's happening. I'm not asking nothing beyond that.

ADuar1
Novice

Hi Black2bios,

You bet we live in the very same country.

Could you tell me which is the Led code your MB shows when you enter the Bios setup?

It's a shame that the downgrade didn't work for me. The only thing I got back was the RAID screen on version 446.

I've chosen buy a Intel MB although being much more expensive than others because I belived that it would perform best with the processor and it would be reliable.... but later I discovered that Intel won't build MB anymore, and, to things gets even worst, I saw others MBs performing better than this with the very same processor (i7 4771). So, I have paid a lot and didn't get reliability and performance neither... I now regret that choice.

Hope the MB engineering team isn't already dissolved...

Best,

André.

FFuch
Novice

Hi Andre_Duarte,

When entering the Bios, the code number is 00 E9.

I'm sorry to hear you're not being able to solve the issue.

For obvious reasons, I'm not so disappointed as you with the DZ87KLT-75K. But I agree: we could have bought a better motherboard... However, I firmly believe that the Intel engineering team won't let us down. I mean, if at least they are being informed about the issues reported here, they won't let us down.

All the best,

Black2Bios