Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAbdr1
Beginner

Desktop MBoard troubleshooting

My computer got a crash while am playing a game, when I restarted it seems like a windows crash. Turned it off and tried to let the hdd rest, unplugged it and re plugged it and here I go it's on but no post no mouse/keyboard on, checked the ram and removed Bios battery for 5 min and placed it again, it started to give the 3 beeps / ram error code /I tried to see which ram stick is dead but it beeps at all the 4 sticks, I tired a working stick from my friend still the same error, I'd like to mention that after placing the BIOS battery and turning the pc on I smelt burning plastic, I tried to formate on a ssd but I can't boot to Bios because of the 3 beeps error, still can't find someone to help even Intel don't support my MBoard.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Contact the manufacturer of your motherboard for support. If it is an intel board, provide the model number.

Doc

MAbdr1
Beginner

I just have the Intel mother board not from a manufacturer, and thanks for Intel they don't have a good support I can't even reach them as they don't support most of the boards.

AlHill
Super User

To help you, we need the model number or the AA number. Provide one of those.

Also, 3 beeps is a memory error. Make sure you have known good memory,

Also, "smelt burning plastic" is not a good thing.

Nevertheless, provide the model number so we can help.

Doc

MAbdr1
Beginner

Oh OK, I don't know exactly what is the AA number, I'll send all of it :

BTBL122002S0 AA G10189-207

THANKS

AlHill
Super User

Ok, it looks like you have a DH67BL motherboard, but I need you to confirm the AA number. So, confirm G10189-207. I only see G10189-204

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/50098/intel-desktop-board-dh67bl.html

Now, I know you said you have checked the memory. Have you also checked the power supply? If you can, try a different power supply.

Do you know what bios is installed on the board?

What is the processor model number?

Are you using an add-on graphics card, or the onboard graphics?

Doc

MAbdr1
Beginner

Am sure of it it ends with 207 and the board u linked is my same board it's DH67BL,

I've tried 2 different power supplies with no difference, I don't know the BOIS installed.

My cpu is i7 2600 non k

L121A895

SR 00B. am using a GPU it's working well but any way I tried another GPU as well the problem.

AlHill
Super User

When you turn on the PC, do you get any visual indication of the boot on the screen?

If you hit F2 during the boot, can you get into the bios?

You are fortunate that there are still some bios files posted for this board. Perhaps @n.scott.pearson​  can provide some bios recovery steps.

However, from what you described, it sounds like the board is dead.

Doc

MAbdr1
Beginner

No post only no signal on screen, bad news:(

Thanks for the support.

AlHill
Super User

Remove ALL add-on cards and use only the onboard graphics and test again.

Doc