Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSorr
Beginner

Dh61dl bios issue

I forget my bios password and the reset by recovery jumper doesnt work​. I flashed new fresh bios file but the password is still there. How i can reset It? Can you help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SSorr
Beginner

Thank for tour answer.

I did it, but the password dont clean. :-((​

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What BIOS was there previously? What BIOS did you attempt to flash over it? Have you read the BIOS Release Notes carefully? There are specific instructions for the BIOS update process detailed in these Release Notes. Varying from these instructions could (permanently) make it impossible to reset the password.

...S

SSorr
Beginner

Hello, thanks for your answer.

I was on ​BEH6110H.86A

Bios and my motherboard ask me for the password that i forget. Then i tried to reset password following this instruction https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005690/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht...

But The password still there.

Then i flashed the same bios ​BEH6110H.86A but the password still there. I dont know why, but nothing delete the old password that i dont remember.

Any help?​

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

BEH6110H.86A is just the BIOS identifier portion of the BIOS version string, the first field (fields are separated by dots) identifies the board and the second (the "86A") identifies that it is the standard BIOS. It is the third field (which you haven't provided) that identifies the version of the BIOS. Please provide this information.

...S