Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHart10
Beginner

Do I really need IRMT on my computer?

Just curious because every time I boot up I see 13 IRMT warnings connected to 'NeverSleepAgent Service' in my Event Viewer. I am running Win 10 Home latest version.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Do you have a RAID array? Are you using an Intel Optane module? If the answer to both questions is no, then you don't need RST and you should uninstall it (from Apps & Features)​.

...S

PHart10
Beginner

Hi n.scott.pearson,

I appreciate your response. However, this is a new computer and the first time I have been using an Intel product. The Hard Drive is described as a '931 GB Intel Optane+932GBHDD (RAID)' storage so I take that to mean I do have a RAID array and a Intel Optane module?

That being said, am I to understand that the 'IRMT' is part of the 'IRST' program?

I guess I will just learn to live with the 13 Event Viewer warnings after every boot as long as everything seems to be working in my computer.

Right now I sure don't know enough about Intel to try to stop the 13 entries from appearing.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

n_scott_pearson

No, sorry, I read RMT but was thinking RST. RMT is NOT part of RST.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) provides support for improved and accelerated storage options. This include, amongst other things, support for RAID arrays and HDD acceleration via Intel Optane modules. You definitely do need it installed in your case. For more information on RST, consult this page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

Intel Ready Mode Technology (RMT) provides support for lowering power consumption while keeping the PC ready to respond instantly. For more information, consult this page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-ready-mode-technology.html. Why it would be generating events is a mystery to me (it shouldn't be). Please provide the contents of one of these events.

...S

PHart10
Beginner

n.scott.pearson,

I appreciate you coming back. I am trying to send you two of the warnings as attached files. Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

2harts4ever

PHart10
Beginner

here is the second one .... I hope ....lol

n_scott_pearson

Ah. This is just a notification event. You likely are getting one generated every time you boot. All you can do it ignore it.

...S

PHart10
Beginner

Hi again,

Good, if it is nothing important, I will just ignore them.

Thanks again for hanging in here with me.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

n_scott_pearson

No problem. This's what I'm here for.

...S