Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Does anyone have all the bios updates for the DH77EB that I may procure?

My Father has an old DH77EB Motherboard and it is on a Default bios driver, in order to put a newer card, specifically GTX1070 I need at the least every third gen of the bios to get to the last released so i can install it, the slot is a 3.0 pci-e 16x however the bios even with proper power adjustments wont' allow for the card to be used. Everywhere I have read specifically states that the bios must be updated to the 0100 or higher release as it sits its at the default 0053. If anyone can help or email me that would be splendid as he still has a first gen i7 that is plenty powerful for what he needs, I figured I would do something nice and upgrade my dad's pc from a 9500 gt to a gtx 1070. Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Re: Does anyone have all the bios updates for the DH77EB that I may procure?

Your board supports 2nd and 3rd gen processors, not 1st gen.

Use F9 to reset the bios settings. Proper power adjustments? Do not mess with that. Leave it at the defaults.

The only bios I have 0103, which is attached.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Mr. HIll. The way the intel bios are designed they have to be applied in layers with all the knowledge I have learned about these older mobos. Other wise you will get an error at the final part of the bios install. Typically you would want to install every 3rd generation of bios, until you reach the maximum. I appreciate you linking me the final piece to the solution. However I still need to get the previous versions for all the system upgrades to allow for the final upgrade through the BIOS. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

"Typically you would want to install every 3rd generation of bio" - I have never, ever, heard that.

You should be able to do a recovery bios with 0103.

Use Scott;s recovery procedure here. Follow it EXACTLY as he says, do not omit or skip any steps:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-00...

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

MR. HILL!!! Not Only Am I Thanking YOU!! My Father Thanks YOU As Well!

The Recovery Method is actually very non conventional when it comes to the older BIOS everywhere I have turned too. However I was able to Successfully update the BIOS on a DH77EB From DEFAULT 0053, to the one you provided me with. The other BIOS I had claimed to be the correct ones and as a fool I tried them first over the one you provided me. Thankfully my hard head turned around in shock as the INSTRUCTION LINK WAS AMAZINGLY EASY TO FOLLOW WITHOUT ANY ISSUES. I was doing research on how to install the bios through a bunch of tech forums and goes to show how stupid people are including myself. I really appreciate all the extra knowledge you provided as well although it is not as useful as I would hope, the instructions, also in luck with a 2.0 usb stick i managed to dig up from my relic bin, helped me update from DEFAULT to LAST in One go with the recovery method. Hopefully more people can find this useful and THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I am glad all is working. Have you installed the new video card as well?

There are some boards, where you may need to do a transition bios in order to get to the latest. That is why I checked and provided the release notes..

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

you sir are a lord! had the exact same problem as OP, and followed instructions line by line.. worked flawless.. will be saving the bios file myself to help people out in the future

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Glad it worked.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Are there any recommendations in case the BIOS update via recovery fails? I did this step by step and don't get the BIOS recovery update screen. When I turn the PC back on it's still on the 1st BIOS.

Is using the BIOS flash update an option going from 053 to 103 when the recovery method fails?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Since all cases are different, you should start a new thread.  And, provide the version of what you call "the first bios".

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I did start a new thread (It's right here), but found it unlikely for anyone to respond. The BIOS recovery simply doesn't work, ideally I would be able to upgrade incrementally from DH77EB BIOS version 0053 (the stock one I have), all the way to 0103, but I can't really do that without the proper .BIO files

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Then, there is no need to double post.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you! This really helps me solve my BIOS issues, I can't wait to buy more Intel products

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

There is no need for sarcasm.  These boards are no longer supported and Intel has removed all the support files.  You are only going to get support from peers, like me.  And, you may want to start considering that your board may be failing. 

Now, I have responded to your new thread.  Let's work from there.

Doc

0 Kudos