Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Does anyone have the latest bios update for the DP67DE board?

I recently upgraded my video card, and the motherboard won't boot with it. No post beeps at all, but if I put my old card back in, it boots fine. I upgraded the power supply too, just to make sure (now 750W. . .more than enough) but that wasn't it. I can only assume it's the old bios. It hasn't been updates since Nov 2010.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Here is version 83, last that I have.

Don't get too excited; many of the issues with more-modern graphics cards are still outstanding.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Well. it's MUCH newer than the version I have, so it's still worth a shot. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Let us know what happens.

You never provided any details on the graphics card you are trying. Who is the manufacturer of this card and what is the graphics engine that it provides? For example, in my DZ68ZV system, I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 ti card that was manufactured by Gigabyte.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I keep an EVGA GeForce GTX 760 on my bench, plus I have an old EVGA GeForce GTS 250 when things get really difficult.

I still have an AGP card because I am too lazy to get rid of it.

Al

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I installed a new Powercolor AXRX Radeon RX590 graphics card.

Initially I had bios ver .0037. I found a version .0067 (.exe install type) in a folder on my hard drive that I'd never installed. I installed that first, which activated the F7 install feature on the startup. Then I installed the .0083 that you provided (loading from a USB drive), ensured that it booted fine, put the new video card back in, and it WORKED!!

By dinner time, I was running Call of Duty Modern Warfare on my ten-year old rig.

So, thank you for your help. It was exactly what I needed. Much appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor III

x8 AGP Pro was great for the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

0 Kudos